Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Subtle shift towards more confluent flow overhead on the gfs. Everything is ticking colder still. Hard not to like that. Would be nice to have enough room to lose a couple ticks N leading in without causing a civil war here. 

Pretty big difference for the Friday wave. I like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

It's never a bad idea to be prepared. Stick the bread in the freezer after you get it, then take it out if you lose power to thaw it and have fresh bread last a little longer. Can't say the same for milk lol

I have known someone that would keep milk in the freezer though...never tried it, but I buy shelf-stable milk for emergencies.  I think most people are used to stocking up for 2 weeks since Covid.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I'm trying really hard to not get too excited. Love the damn setup. It's the next best thing to a miller A and far better than any miller b, clipper, or anything else. Breadth of the shield is the main feature keeping me grounded. Wobbles aren't done and the latitude spread on the N and S side is narrow af in the big picture. Our biggest fear with stuff like this is surface and midlvl temps. We're slowly winning that. Need to win qpf max next :tomato:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DDweatherman said:

Do we have any snow maps from 94 in PA? They got blitzed pretty good

Haven’t read anything since page 45, so if it’s been answered I apologize...but I was in college in Lewisburg, PA that year and we got crushed. No idea the totals, but I recall there being 6-12” storms time after time after time.

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm trying really hard to not get too excited. Love the damn setup. It's the next best thing to a miller A and far better than any miller b, clipper, or anything else. Breadth of the shield is the main feature keeping me grounded. Wobbles aren't done and the latitude spread on the N and S side is narrow af in the big picture. Our biggest fear with stuff like this is surface and midlvl temps. We're slowly winning that. Need to win qpf max next :tomato:

Definitely looks active. I’m still a bit worried the boundary ends up too close to us for all snow, but we’ll see. With the storms we’ve had so far this winter, there hasn’t been the “inevitable north trend in the last 24-48 hours” we typically assume. Not sure if that’s random chance or models getting better or something else. I’d still like to leave room for a bump north at the end though, especially in this situation. Snow hasn’t been easy this winter, so I’m trying to stay patient...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Haven’t read anything since page 45, so if it’s been answered I apologize...but I was in college in Lewisburg, PA that year and we got crushed. No idea the totals, but I recall there being 6-12” storms time after time after time.

Was definitely better north of the mason dixon. We did have the March 94 storm out here. It was like 20 inches. But a ton of ice in Feb I think. 

24 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Definitely looks active. I’m still a bit worried the boundary ends up too close to us for all snow, but we’ll see. With the storms we’ve had so far this winter, there hasn’t been the “inevitable north trend in the last 24-48 hours” we typically assume. Not sure if that’s random chance or models getting better or something else. I’d still like to leave room for a bump north at the end though, especially in this situation. Snow hasn’t been easy this winter, so I’m trying to stay patient...

I'm expecting mix. Practically every time our area is bisected by mix, my yard mixes too. 850s will rip out of the sw for a time while precipitating until flow flips n w/slp to our east. 850 line isnt down by RIC. I usually mix with the midlevel look I'm seeing. Havent looked at why the euro is a good but colder. I'll just blindly hug that for now

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Sheesh, the GEFS is icy as hell for Virginia. Really hoping its wrong. 

Snow mean is pretty sweet too for Wed-Fri. Crossing my fingers for a colder solution.

1613142000-7TgAyS1JYWs.png

We don't need a repeat of the Nov 2018 ice storm over here in Waynesboro , Augusta area.... booms cracks and bangs were constant that night along with pretty light flashes lighting up the sky........

I have never experienced a proper ice storm storm or glacier storm that dumps snow then ice without it turning to rain. I have also never been in a low temp ice event and it would be the only way to get a snow day now so... Just kidding though, I would love a snow day and a glacier but I would rather have a foot of snow. If this storm does end up giving us a majority snow event that would be crazy, 3-4(if Sunday happens) moderate to heavy events in 2 weeks. With the pattern the rest of Feb looks good and we seem to have cold air in place for once so I think this thread will be up to seasonal average and maybe even more if we get lucky. 

17 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

We don't need a repeat of the Nov 18 ice storm over here in Waynesboro , Augusta area.... booms cracks and bangs were constant that night along with pretty light flashes lighting up the sky........

I could tell an ice storm had probably happened even though I didn’t know for sure, only because the trees were in pretty bad shape. It looked pretty crazy.

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

These are the types you guys do really well with. I’m almost positive I’ll be sitting jealous in Philly looking south at the radar

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm expecting mix. Practically every time our area is bisected by mix, my yard mixes too. 850s will rip out of the sw for a time while precipitating until flow flips n w/slp to our east. 850 line isnt down by RIC. I usually mix with the midlevel look I'm seeing. Havent looked at why the euro is a good but colder. I'll just blindly hug that for now

Here's the thing...

Unless someone tells you to back away and not dissect it, you're going to analyze the living F out of why the Euro is colder through all levels. So...let me be the one to tell you to back the F away and allow the rest of us to incorrectly read each suite between now and Tuesday.

:lol:

• Haha 3