Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, yoda said:

We'd have like another 6 to 12 hours of snow to go if ICON was right lol at the end of the run

its amazing how the tone of this forum changes when we are in a good pattern. Everyone gets along and we all sing kumbayah

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

no that was 2015.  December 2016 was when we had that 30" overrunning storm for like 3 runs then the STJ remembered it was a nina and just disappeared.  It ended up a weak arse 1-2" wave instead.  

Wasn't that 2017? I just remember it coinciding with the Arctic blast and also my weenie self coming off of willing that December 9 storm northwest (and continuously posting those absurd GFS outptus)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

no that was 2015.  December 2016 was when we had that 30" overrunning storm for like 3 runs then the STJ remembered it was a nina and just disappeared.  It ended up a weak arse 1-2" wave instead.  

Yeah it was 2015.  I think it literally hit 80 F in Fayetteville NC where I was.  There were merry mosquitos for Christmas.

Just now, stormtracker said:

Yeah, it has something, but nothing at all like the ICON

There is a LOT of potential next week...a series of waves along the arctic boundary.  Thing is...the people rooting for that crazy cold to blast in here would not like that result if they want snow.  The threat for storms is along the edge of the arctic boundary.  We want that PV up to our NW not diving down into us.  It would be great it if would break off a peice and dig in and phase and we could get a monster storm up the coast...but absent that we want it out of the way and to be along the edge of the arctic cold not deep into it.   If it dives into the east and we have sub 0 temps we are likely not getting a snowstorm.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Oh yea. I was so bitter. How does an stj just dissappear. Some of the snowfall totals were crazy. That was between Christmas and new years