Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, JakkelWx said:

I will not be tracking anything in Feb, even if anything comes. I am not going to put myself through that kind of stress for another month, with little results. 

And with that, I will be taking a break for a while, starting now.

Aren't you moving to Florida in the Spring?

Track the hell out of everything and have fun with it. Lets bring one home before you head to a place where it never snows. Err wait..

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Look at that 500mb pattern! It’s pretty damn good!

Epic!!!

If this is our new normal for blocking patterns, its gonna be really tough for snow in these parts. I will blame it somewhat on the Nina and bad luck so far, but there is also that elephant in the room..

B57B57D8-9495-4E44-88EC-E2C8DEECBCFD.thumb.png.2d7e24073a2d542df3189dc97c32dcc3.png
here we go again down the next rabbit hole. Why not. So this time the TPV is actually on our side and the coldest air in the N Hemisphere is in N America. -NAO. WPO ridge.  Cooler SSTs in Feb. Ok might as well try EVERY possible variation of a good pattern just to prove we’re fooked no matter what lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

B57B57D8-9495-4E44-88EC-E2C8DEECBCFD.thumb.png.2d7e24073a2d542df3189dc97c32dcc3.png
here we go again down the next rabbit hole. Why not. So this time the TPV is actually on our side and the coldest air in the N Hemisphere is in N America. -NAO. WPO ridge.  Cooler SSTs in Feb. Ok might as well try EVERY possible variation of a good pattern just to prove we’re fooked no matter what lol 

but bamwx.

check out the gfs man....it says there is no 10 day close the blinds like you said a few days ago

33 minutes ago, Ji said:

but bamwx.

check out the gfs man....it says there is no 10 day close the blinds like you said a few days ago

The bombing Atlantic low combined with the blocking suppressed attempts to ridge out in the east. I’m still skeptical we get a big snow threat in the Feb 4-10 window but I could see some mix/icy scenarios and that look towards mid February is potentially very good. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Hey Bristow...see those 60s showing up on the 270 hr plus gfs run? :)

Not until you said that.  It doesn’t snow much when the temps are 60. It’s probably some tiny short wave in South Africa that’s messing things up.  

• Haha 1