• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

What is fascinating is that none of the model runs at 06z have anything that is close to verification on the northern edge of this system....up to 2/3's of an inch here....

Ratios will be our friend!!

Do you think this has any bearing on the future?  Fully Saturated atmosphere and a northern surprise already?  

Or perhaps the Low becomes its own animal to watch develop...?

Just now, 96blizz said:

Do you think this has any bearing on the future?  Fully Saturated atmosphere and a northern surprise already?  

Or perhaps the Low becomes its own animal to watch develop...?

The fact the models are struggling already With QPF up here,  suggests to me that  Most if not all the models are struggling with the moisture fields at the low and mid levels... So I guess I would lean towards this being an over performer With regards to most of the model QPF outputs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So it’s snowing here in far WNY and is actually about to pick up in pace as some darker blues are moving in from the SE...the local Mets are downplaying it and the models don’t show it...yeah that’s par for the course...

Surprised to see it snowing this morning here. Pretty nice snowfall right now actually with thick cloud deck and maybe some fog mixed in. 

2 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Makes me question all of them for this event. 

Agreed. Radar has plenty of moderate returns over basically the whole Niagara frontier, I can see 1-2” from this and that probably 1-2” more than I thought we’d get, now all bets are off as anything looks to be on the table.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Agreed. Radar has plenty of moderate returns over basically the whole Niagara frontier, I can see 1-2” from this and that probably 1-2” more than I thought we’d get, now all bets are off as anything looks to be on the table.

Yup nowcasting time. Sad my 5 inch call is looking bad 

:P

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Exactly, even the updated AFD says less than an inch at the south shore. We're at 1/4-1/2 already. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Exactly, even the updated AFD says less than an inch at the south shore. We're at 1/4-1/2 already. 

Flake size has increased a bit in the past 30 minutes. Snowfall rate about the same light to occasionally moderate. Have just measured 1” of snow and still moderate snow coming down...crazy how I’m able to measure virtual snowfall, I mean if it’s not on the models it can’t happen, right?

• Haha 1

Just now, vortmax said:

Would be nice to compare radar to RGEM throughout this event since this was the most generous model. 

Good point. I’ve never been through a winter where all the models have been somewhat correct. It used to be the GFS and the Euro would come in and correct everything and all would be tight in the world, but beginning last year things have changed for the worse. Model scores are probably terrible