• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, PerintonMan said:

lol, that's a forecast of 85-110" (basically 7-9 feet) of snow over 48 hours.

Roc's yearly snowfall (on a good year) in two days.  

And great point BW, November 2014 is one of the most impressive snow events anywhere in North America IMO.  Accurate measurements were truly impossible in the heaviest bands, I think places made a run at 100"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Would be a great storm for Rochester if it was:  A. 50 miles south B. Not decaying

Still could surprise but I suspect a couple/few  inches will do it. 3”

Syracuse 4”

East 5-6”

I like 4 inches in ROC (6 inches if the stars align and we eek out some enhancement on the backend).  We stay below freezing from the surface all the way up so hopefully zero mixing.  Kind of sucks this storm hits during peak diurnal warming, so that might eat up an inch.  On the other hand, daytime storms are nice because you get to watch every flake fall (if you so choose), plus it has the highest impact on society which is always a fun aspect to storms.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I like 4 inches in ROC (6 inches if the stars align and we eek out some enhancement on the backend).  We stay below freezing from the surface all the way up so hopefully zero mixing.  Kind of sucks this storm hits during peak diurnal warming, so that might eat up an inch.  On the other hand, daytime storms are nice because you get to watch every flake fall (if you so choose), plus it has the highest impact on society which is always an fun aspect to storms.  

You would’ve loved Snow Ridge. They had 40” in prior week. On the road headed in, the town had used tree branches with tape as plow markers. Had about 3’ of pack. I’ll bet they have 4’ way up on the hill. 

C4D187B8-E978-497E-AF6F-3CF4FE6DA097.jpeg

Seems sort of stupid for BGM to include so many counties in the same advisory. Onondaga and Madison are not looking at ice, so why make it confusing and include us in an advisory discussing ice in southern counties? Most models are showing us in the 5 inch range at a minimum. I actually find it humorous how often they overlook Syracuse, as it has a fairly large population. They rarely discuss weather for here and breeze right by it.

Just now, tim123 said:

Rgem through 84 just as artic push comes in. Shows storm snow. Minor break then a period of lake snow monroe wayne County. The at end of run the artic push and renewed lake snow starting.

Screenshot_20210125-221639_Samsung Internet.jpg

I looked more closely at the Thursday Friday timeframe and there is actually a little more meat on that bone than I realized.  Still no slam dunk...but something to keep an eye on for sure.  

• Like 1