• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I blasted down to holiday valley today so I got to punch that band. It was pretty juicy just north of springville, there is definitely a lot of snow on the ground. Eyeballing over 18” in that area. Less snow in ellicotville but hopeful we get clipped by that band for awhile later this morning. 

• Like 3

Is the HRRR consistently wrong? Definitely a possibility lol The model does like to be to far south with band placement.. It will be pretty stationary until this evening when the band starts to drop south, so where it sets up makes or breaks this event Imby..

The initial band looks a touch north of here but the stuff on the western end looks farther south, so we'll see lol

qpf_acc.us_ne (48).png

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The models and that map I posted were right though. Boston hills/Eden are at 15-20" so far for this storm. I'm at 6.4" for both events before todays event. Some places will have received 2' by tomorrow morning. 

They were right in a tiny location. The ridge. They made it seem like BUF and N Erie was gonna get hit. I’ll bet you can see grass there. And for the rest of it? Rochester with 6”? We got .5”

It was a pipe dream. A crack pipe dream. You can’t tell me you think it was a reasonable forecast. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

They were right in a tiny location. The ridge. They made it seem like BUF and N Erie was gonna get hit. I’ll bet you can see grass there. And for the rest of it? Rochester with 6”? We got .5”

It was a pipe dream. A crack pipe dream. You can’t tell me you think it was a reasonable forecast. 

Most models showed KBUF getting hit until the last 24 hours of runs. It was a close call and as thinksnow mentioned the models do have a southern bias with LES. It wasn't just the ridge lines that got hit. Eden has 15" of snow and thats a few miles south of my spot. 

Erie PA got a foot of snow yesterday too. Seems like a spread the wealth event from NE Ohio to the southtowns. 

• Like 2

Looks like tonight we could have a better flow for my back yard..

Lake snows have become organized east of Lake Ontario this morning
with the arrival of a mesolow that tracked eastward across Lake
Ontario overnight into this morning. Eventually this more widespread
lake effect will consolidate into a well defined plume that will be
focused between Watertown and the Tug Hill on a 260 flow during the
afternoon and the first half of tonight. A cap rising to more than
10k ft will encourage rates of one to two inches an hour for that
area between 21 and 06z with snowfall of 5 to 10 inches.

Like the activity off Lake Erie...a veering steering flow late
tonight will push the band south across the southern half of the Tug
to Oswego county. Similar snowfall rates of 1-2 inches an hour will
be expected for the second half of tonight with several more inches
of accumulation anticipated.

For Wednesday...the 300-310 flow will promote multi-band lake snows
south-southeast of Lk Ontario with 1-3 inches of accumulation
expected.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

I wonder if we'll be able to actually get a somewhat northerly component to the flow tomorrow. Seems very rare lately. There were several chances for this week, but they seem to disappearing opportunities. Perhaps that little disturbance off of New England can help turn the winds.

A friend of mine in Springville says 2' of new snow last 2 days. ;)

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1