• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

45 minutes ago, Nodoomposting said:

I made an account to comment specifically on the doomposting and doomcasting. Shut the heck up! If you don't want to watch, comment and track weather, just leave. To come on here and constantly complain about the weather and how you may or may not get snow. Or how you believe the "winter is canceled" 2 months in advance. It just shows a pathological level of emotional immaturity. You're doing yourself and everyone here no favors and you're stinking up the place with bad vibes. There's enough bad vibes in society as it is. Either lurk, ask reasonable questions, forecast without emotion, share models and analysis or get out.

plz-stop-post.jpg

There are two things to unpack here.  Some people do just complain a lot, and that gets tiring but it somewhat understandable in a year like this when we are diehard winter enthusiasts. There is also our one lonely troll (who I have blocked, but I can see him post when others quote).  No one understands his schtick so I advise the rest of you to just block him and move on. 

On the other hand, we also happen to be in the midst of a historically low snowfall totals, therefore there isn't much to do except complain.  If we can't complain, then there is honestly nothing to even discuss.  I'd rather kibitz about the lousy weather than just not talk at all.  People complaining doesn't change the weather.  A shitty winter is a shitty winter and thus there will be a lot of sad posts...thats life.  I'm not sure what you expect from us in a winter like this.  We are passionate winter lovers and we literally have nothing to show for it.  I'm trying to be positive by at least saying it would be fun to break a low snowfall record, that's something noteworthy at least.  

• Like 5

Yeah. I’m guilty of doom casting as well. I’ve seen about 8” of a typical 4 feet. Tough to be optimistic. I wouldn’t doubt if I’m on snooze or block in a lot of peoples accounts. 
Im trying to find interesting places to watch vicariously. Tonight it’s Killington. Rest of the week it will be snow ridge. Cams kind of take the edge off. 
At least he’s been consistent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Yeah. I’m guilty of doom casting as well. I’ve seen about 8” of a typical 4 feet. Tough to be optimistic. I wouldn’t doubt if I’m on snooze or block in a lot of peoples accounts. 
Im trying to find interesting places to watch vicariously. Tonight it’s Killington. Rest of the week it will be snow ridge. Cams kind of take the edge off. 

I became a meme yesterday...I needed that BW!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

I’m not sure why you’re complaining about his weekend’s weather (other than it seems to be the thing to do on here).  We all knew that with the primary low to our west we were going to warm up enough to rain until colder air comes in behind the occluded front. The majority of the weekend shows enough signs for snow around here to at least make things interesting. It’s been said that a hitter will almost always end up hitting to the back of his baseball card. We still have 2 months left in this winter.  Let’s see if we can revert to the means.  If so things could get interesting around here. 

I respect your optimism.  With Nov, Dec Jan mostly lost (here) and the constant whining about global warming and the largely imagined climate change based on 2 shitty winters, and everything else going on, I'm probably infected with the same negativism.  My reaction is to just look forward to a hopefully early Summer and the pool IMBY at this point.  And some snow shoeing where there is snow up north until then.  Staying away from online social media and other people IRL looks more and more attractive each passing day.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I respect your optimism.  With Nov, Dec Jan mostly lost (here) and the constant whining about global warming and the largely imagined climate change based on 2 shitty winters, and everything else going on, I'm probably infected with the same negativism.  My reaction is to just look forward to a hopefully early Summer and the pool IMBY at this point.  And some snow shoeing where there is snow up north until then.  Staying away from online social media and other people IRL looks more and more attractive each passing day.

I think I’m mellowing out in my old age. Probably 20 years ago I would be as frustrated as the rest of you. At this point in my life I’ve got other things such as Covid to be worried about. I’ll take things as they come with the weather and hope we get one or two events to get excited about before winter ends. 

• Like 2

How many of you were watching the weather in 2012? The winter with the lowest arctic sea ice on record. The winter that never started, multiple spikes into the 60s, a little snow, then a lot of rain, over and over. Some mediocre lake effect in February. Then crazy blowtorch march with an insane stretch of early summer warmth. Only to finish up with a wet cold April. 

4 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Then why are you here?

You bring Zero value to this board..

Go find another forum to troll..

Boom! Drop the mic. It's feisty wolfie out to growl at the moon. :P 

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

There are two things to unpack here.  Some people do just complain a lot, and that gets tiring but it somewhat understandable in a year like this when we are diehard winter enthusiasts. There is also our one lonely troll (who I have blocked, but I can see him post when others quote).  No one understands his schtick so I advise the rest of you to just block him and move on. 

On the other hand, we also happen to be in the midst of a historically low snowfall totals, therefore there isn't much to do except complain.  If we can't complain, then there is honestly nothing to even discuss.  I'd rather kibitz about the lousy weather than just not talk at all.  People complaining doesn't change the weather.  A shitty winter is a shitty winter and thus there will be a lot of sad posts...thats life.  I'm not sure what you expect from us in a winter like this.  We are passionate winter lovers and we literally have nothing to show for it.  I'm trying to be positive by at least saying it would be fun to break a low snowfall record, that's something noteworthy at least.  

Yes! Thank you! I KNOW I complain...so sorry guys...I just feel that people on here are my only outlet to share the frustration with, as most of the rest of society doesn't relate. 

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Me too. :( 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The windows were open in all the rooms at work today. Temp of 40, remaining snow piles, birds chirping galore, and hazy sunshine made me think it was an Early spring-like day in March.

Came out of the building at 7 and it has "that snowy feel" like some winter is on the way. Temp is currently 36, so hopefully once we get some precip to fall it cools down a few degrees and we snow.