• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

31 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

So much for the 2-3” of snow around BUF today.  Freezing drizzle... Eh... next?

Depth of cold air just wasn't there. It was always marginal, but just not quite cold enough. Also this coming event looks too warm too for anything substantial, and better yet the GFS long range just went way warmer with the -PNA. Todays trends were not good. The cold air is all on the other side of the globe. The PV did split but it went the wrong direction. :unsure:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hmmm...across the subs over the past week, there was chatter about things getting better after 01/20. Checking out the models, STILL looking at rain possible with any synoptic system that comes...all these lame Lows cutting across the Great Lakes with mild air.

Better pattern after Chrismas....then first week of January...then January 10th...then Jan. 15th....then January 20th....gee, when have we seen this crap before??

I posted "soon many rains come" the other day, channeling my inner Dances with Wolves reference.  Pretty arcane movie reference from 1990, but maybe spot on. ;)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Not sure any model had this stuff to my south.. Nothing to heavy but snow nonetheless..

WUNIDS_map (39).gif

Had a little burst of snow here over the last hour. Nothing to write home about in a normal winter but my deck is covered with about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of snow. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Roads here are an absolute disaster. We actually got a pretty good glaze of ice from freezing drizzle and rain all evening and it just switched over to straight snow and it’s coming down pretty good. Already a solid coating on top of all that ice. Glad I don’t have to go anywhere else tonight! 

Wow looks like it. I didn't totally bust on this one. ^_^

image.png.c173c2fe67c9d0b7553347663669500d.png