• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

0z GEFS has 10 members that give the area "some" snow early next week. A few nice hits but most look weakish with light snow/snow showers.

I will take any snow at this point. Approaching one and a half winters with bupkis.

@losetoa6 said in the main thread there are some monster hits on the 6z GEFS. Haven't seen the individual panels but the H5 means is gaining legs.

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

I have a feeling that this is going to be those rarer times the models come back in a big way in the medium range. My weenie in me says the models will show a foot over my yard by the 00z Thursday suite

Might need to have a talk with your Weenie.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It wont be below freezing until Sat night. And barely.  By then it will be dry.

What a  mid Jan cold front. Mid 50s on Friday and mid 40s Sat. Wicked shit.

It's like a summer cold front, where the temperatures drop from 90 to 89 in just a 24 hour period but it's in winter and its 50 to 49

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I keep hearing people at the jobsite saying 50s tomorrow and Thursday but I'm not  seeing that on guidance up here . Tomorrow looks like 42-44 and Thursday 44-46 . Good working weather for me though . I got alot of outside work the next few weeks 

Nah, 45-50 tomorrow and Thursday. Forecast high for Friday here is 54, and 46 on Sat. This front has no balls. We can do better in November.

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I keep hearing people at the jobsite saying 50s tomorrow and Thursday but I'm not  seeing that on guidance up here . Tomorrow looks like 42-44 and Thursday 44-46 . Good working weather for me though . I got alot of outside work the next few weeks 

I agree about great weather for outside. Happy to have an actual dry period here.

41 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's hot in Bermuda is it :sizzle: iyby.

Still snow piles here from the Dec storm near a month ago :lmao:

Looks like between 35-44 Friday depending on model up  here.  Most guidance dips to low  mid 30s with good 850s here by late evening and moisture still around.  Once in meso range maybe they'll pick up on some kind of changeover.  I'm not picky lol. Strong vort pass on some guidance Saturday.  

There is not a strong vort max/shortwave there. Its a broad vorticity lobe, and they generally don't induce anything notable at the surface.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was looking at this enhanced piece on the Gfs 

PhotoPictureResizer_210112_191453685_crop_1152x1185.jpg

PhotoPictureResizer_210112_191521598_crop_1213x1349.jpg

The vorticity is still strung out/elongated, and so the divergent flow (PVA) is not very strong. Plus dry air is advecting in and the upper jet is off to the east.

I mean, it could produce some rain/snow showers, and that's basically what the model is depicting. There isn't much chance of anything more than that unless something significantly changes.

• mappy changed the title to January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 1 - Day 7)
  • stormtracker locked this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic