• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

Just now, Chris78 said:

The thermals are wonky surface temps in the low 20s in Northern MD with a bombing storm off the coast and it's not snow lol. Doesnt make sense to me.

It can be 20-25 degrees and be pouring sleet. Trust me. As somebody who grew up in the mix zone NW of NYC, it happens enough. Saw a nasty sleet storm up there in the early 2000s and it never got above 30 

Just now, jayyy said:

It can be 20-25 degrees and be pouring sleet. Trust me. As somebody who grew up in the mix zone NW of NYC, it happens enough. Saw a nasty sleet storm up there in the early 2000s and it never got above 30 

I get it. I've had sleet with temps in the teens back in the 90s. They were storms driving in,from the west though.  My point is with a low bombing off the coast I generally would have better temps upstairs in these situations. Atleast In my BY. I'm pretty far west.

Just now, Chris78 said:

I get it. I've had sleet with temps in the teens back in the 90s. They were storms driving in,from the west though.  My point is with a low bombing off the coast I generally would have better temps upstairs in these situations. Atleast In my BY. I'm pretty far west.

I have had a couple of situations with frz. Below 20 degrees.  Super cad.