• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

Where's the huge Bob Chill stunned face?! :o

What an unreal, amazing Euro run there.  I seriously doubt it will be just like that (but we can hope, sure!)...but I'm encouraged by the possibility even if it ends up not as out-there crazy with the totals or how long it stalls just off OC.  Good 12Z suite today, really.  Let's face it, even the lighter amounts in the GFS and CMC give us near or at warning-level snows.  The Para GFSv16 gives a solid 6-12", the UKMET is in that ballpark.  And the Euro on the high end.  Can't much complain about those goal posts, really, at this point.

Anyone offhand have the temperatures through the entire time?

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

What an unreal, amazing Euro run there.  I seriously doubt it will be just like that (but we can hope, sure!)...but I'm encouraged by the possibility even if it ends up not as out-there crazy with the totals or how long it stalls just off OC.  Good 12Z suite today, really.  Let's face it, even the lighter amounts in the GFS and CMC give us near or at warning-level snows.  The Para GFSv16 gives a solid 6-12", the UKMET is in that ballpark.  And the Euro on the high end.  Can't much complain about those goal posts, really, at this point.

27-32 degrees

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

based on snow maps and how far south this shows, I think it fair to put that worry away....for 6 hours anyway :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

If we only end up with 6" after this like the GFS is showing, I will never trust the Euro again. 

It's 174 hours away tho.   We're all excited, but nobody should be taking snowfall maps seriously/verbatim right now.   But it is nice that it's the EURO with the extreme vs the GFS.