• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

33 minutes ago, dallen7908 said:

The TPV (as represented by GFSv16) continues to accelerate south/southeast and begins (continues?) to influence our favorite anomaly.  Based on the movement of the TPV one would think we are looking at different times but no all of the plots below are from 7 AM on the 28th

743181620_trend-gfs_para-2021012318-f114.500h_anom.conus(1).gif.bdfb9dd91de19e5fc82c040ee92ec652.gif

PNA ridge is better each run too. Wont make a diff until its offshore tho but would have been nice to get it to amplify more and go negative earlier.

If there are going to be any notable changes with this, it will likely be in the modeling over the next 24-36 hrs as the energy associated with the system moves onshore and traverses the Rockies. With these more significant systems, history has taught us that it is this period that might cause some shifting around, but we'll see. This one looks fairly close on most guidance attm.

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

If there are going to be any notable changes with this, it will likely be in the modeling over the next 24-36 hrs as the energy associated with the system moves onshore and traverses the Rockies. With these more significant systems, history has taught us that it is this period that might cause some shifting around, but we'll see. This one looks fairly close on most guidance attm.

Ralph where do you feel heaviest snow swath sets up? 

The thing that’s stood out to me even on the good gfs runs is that the flow aloft is a bit flatter than I think we’d like out ahead of this. It certainly doesn’t have that hecs look with a deep feed into the gom. Doesn’t mean we can’t get a significant snow but I wonder if a lack of separation from the first system is having an effect. As is, I think we can get by (and might even want) this to be a truly west to east system that favors our lat instead of relying on a wound up coastal.

21 hours ago, stormtracker said:

This is the post i was waiting for.   It’s gonna snow y’all. 

Don't we wish.  The Euro slid back but not as far as the UKMET.  The 06Z Euro ensembles only give us a 10 to 20 percent chance of 3 inches. The 06Z GEFS loves us. Why do I think it better to be with the UKMET and Euro?  Still too early to give up.   I still write for the post so that limits me from saying too much until we post our article. 

• Thanks 3