• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Still rain at 120...I know the gfs thermals are not usually good but...seriously 

CE7E9269-7343-4294-B981-51A9AEDEF749.png

Double bind... unfortunately there just isn’t enough cold to make any storm “easy”. The amount of suppression we need to stop warmth from surging north also is very close to be too much to allow anything to amplify. Do there is a very very very narrow margin we’re playing in and to get a big snow we will have to play with fire either way. There isn’t enough cold to get some huge shield of cold smoke to the north of a storm. Everything at our latitude and south is going to have to be dynamically driven. 

7 minutes ago, Ji said:

Weaker cause of ull pressing south a bit more?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

No It was just weaker. Took the same track until it hit the east coast then it’s shoved south more by the flow because it’s weaker. It was just weaker. Maybe the more south tpv had some impact. Compressing the flow a bit.  It was slightly weaker pretty early on though.  But while everyone is stressing the rain the real issue is it was a definite trend towards the euro. Remember the euro isn’t really south it’s just weaker.

5 minutes ago, ryanconway63 said:

If storm takes that track with that setup, everybody on this board would score nicely......id take my chances.....

Yeah, I mean, I don't really buy those boundary layer temps on the GFS.  But seriously, WTF?  It's not coming up with those by magic.  

• Like 1