• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

Just now, IronTy said:

That's a cheat, kuchera.   

Consider the 850s during the heaviest part of the storm. The 850s get even colder after the low pulls offshore a bit (still snowing though). This certainly wouldnt be 10:1, especially for the elevated areas and places where their average ratios are already 12:1 or more.

ecmwf-deterministic-dc-t850-1856800.thumb.png.bc41aee1a7b0ca177da7d08eb5117539.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Consider the 850s during the heaviest part of the storm. The 850s get even colder after the low pulls offshore a bit (still snowing though). This certainly wouldnt be 10:1, especially for the elevated areas and places where their average ratios are already 12:1 or more.

ecmwf-deterministic-dc-t850-1856800.thumb.png.bc41aee1a7b0ca177da7d08eb5117539.png

Seen too many Joe D kuchera maps at weatherbell to take seriously...but I won't hate on that if it verifies.  

23 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Wish that was farther W and crawling the coast but given it is progged to keep trucking E could still pack a quick punch with those dynamics in the Mid Atlantic and near the coast.

Moving this from the “wrong” thread lol. 

Like I said last night this setup reminds me of PD1. Now that was a max anomalous outcome so that doesn’t mean we get that exact outcome. But I expect models are underestimating the intensity of lift along the inverted trough as it slams into the confluence from the block.  If that setup holds there will be some pretty good banding stretched NW along the trough from the surface low.  It will hit a brick wall though somewhere. My guess is Philly ends up ok but it’s close...any further north though...:yikes: