• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

10 minutes ago, Ajb said:

Thanx for the response. Maybe this belongs somewhere else,  but I’m curious the extent to which the next op follows the control. I guess this goes to the implicit probability distribution over the ensemble numbers (with some large unknown weight on “other” I suppose). Assuming the initial conditions update between runs, is there a physics/ingestion reason for the updated initial conditions to be closer to the control than any other perturbed member?

I meant the op and control are usually pretty similar each run.  There was no op past 90 hours at 6z so the control was our best hint at what it might have shown.  That's all.  Not worth as much attention as it got.  

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

GFS is a joke. Flopping every which way every run. Even the GEFS ar 6z were going toward the euro. I bet the 12z GEFS won't support the op.

Yes, I'll be interested to see if the ensembles continue their trend from the 06Z GEFS...or if they "flip back" to more supporting the ops GFS.

4 minutes ago, Amped said:

CMC is not digging the NS as much as the GFS or it's 00z run at 72hrs.   Probably good news.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

So far CMC not biting on the GFS' line.

No not at all...still early and I hate to project...sometimes some factor we weren't even considering before pops up and causes a totally different tangent...but the CMC is not biting on the NS/TPV phase idea.  If anything the southern wave looks more amplified and would risk going north not south.  

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

No not at all...still early and I hate to project...sometimes some factor we weren't even considering before pops up and causes a totally different tangent...but the CMC is not biting on the NS/TPV phase idea.  If anything the southern wave looks more amplified and would risk going north not south.  

Good call

• mappy changed the title to January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 1 - Day 7)
  • stormtracker locked this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • mappy unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic