• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Texas Winter 2021

2 hours ago, TexMexWx said:

Even if, fingers crossed, the sun being out right now has no impact on the event, this is still painfully funny to look at... 

Pretty much the rest of the state socked in clouds, and then us :rolleyes:

Would not be shocked if that's the satellite image tomorrow

3 hours ago, TexMexWx said:

Even if, fingers crossed, the sun being out right now has no impact on the event, this is still painfully funny to look at... 

Pretty much the rest of the state socked in clouds, and then us :rolleyes:

(southern Oklahoma is also being bathed in sunshine though, FWIW)

moisturepls.png

God blessed North Texas, with his own hands

Brought down angels from the Promised Land

Gave us a hole, where we could dance

If you want to see heaven, brother, here's your chance

I've been sent, to spread the message

mmmmm

Bust North Texas

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Witness Protection Program said:

God blessed North Texas, with his own hands

Brought down angels from the Promised Land

Gave us a hole, where we could dance

If you want to see heaven, brother, here's your chance

I've been sent, to spread the message

mmmmm

Bust North Texas

The pride of Longview! Or something.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

FWD has a band of lower snow totals cutting through, you guessed it, DFW. Dry slot imminent at this rate

I can’t wait to hear from you when this doesn’t bust and we all finally get a good storm. When you’ve got 6 inches in your back yard. We’re less than 24 hours out from guaranteed snow we’re not getting shut out.

4 hours ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

18Z GFS midweek storm might have significant sleet or ice and not that much snow...

Looking way ahead, end of 00z NAM just gave us all sleet/freezing rain for midweek storm, ugh.

I'm not buying the second storm system somehow being a bigger snow-producer than this one for us in north Texas.

47 minutes ago, TexMexWx said:

Looking way ahead, end of 00z NAM just gave us all sleet/freezing rain for midweek storm, ugh.

I'm not buying the second storm system somehow being bigger than this one for us in north Texas.

That 84hr image looks like a disaster for DFW. Reminds me the Dec'13 cobblestone ice storm. Massive power outage if that verifies! What worries me even more is GFS is basically showing a same picture with CMC not too far off:cry:  

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, vwgrrc said:

That 84hr image looks like a disaster for DFW. Reminds me the Dec'13 cobblestone ice storm. Massive power outage if that verifies! What worries me even more is GFS is basically showing a same picture with CMC not too far off:cry:  

If it helps no models have any idea what is happening here in central Pennsylvania the next 48 hours. They can’t handle these storms.

1 hour ago, TXHawk88 said:

I can’t wait to hear from you when this doesn’t bust and we all finally get a good storm. When you’ve got 6 inches in your back yard. We’re less than 24 hours out from guaranteed snow we’re not getting shut out.

I'm confident I'll be right. You'll see

Another evening where we are below the forecasted low before midnight 22 now vs NWS forecast of 24. I be we get down into the upper teens or right at 20 as the precip moves in later tonight. The surface is not near as dry in E TX vs N TX with DPs in the upper 10s to 20s as you move SE. Temps and DPs in NW East Texas are lower than even the latest HRRR by 3 degrees and in SE East Texas temps and DPs are running a touch above the latest HRRR.

46 minutes ago, TexMexWx said:

Looks like a little batch of wintry precip northwest of Waco, moving NNE. I'm not sure how dry we still are here in the atmosphere, but it can't hurt to have that move through and try to give us a few flakes, I suppose.

The surface is still pretty dry for N TX so doubt much of that batch makes it to the surface though it should help with top down moistening of the lower atmosphere.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SWineman said:

Sleeting here. Just a short burst.

From reports I'm seeing it is sleeting and covering everything across DFW. And freezing rain in BCS and likely extending into W Houston.

I don't expect any precip in Tyler until closer to sunrise though radar returns are popping up all over eastern Texas within the past hour.

Yes, I heard sleet for about a minute and then freezing rain ever since, here on the north side of DFW.  This sucks, I don't want power outages.

Edit:  And now that I've posted, we've thankfully started getting swirling flakes instead of the freezing rain that was falling fast at a 45 degree angle.  Starting to get a nice dusting on top of the glaze.

Measured roughly 0.25" of snow at my house... maybe the initial band "underperformed" slightly (I saw forecasts and model runs around a max of one inch) but it's still snowing lightly and so I'm pretty confident that we'll get a good deal more. 

Either way, this is the most I can remember at my house for the past 4 years haha (I don't think I'm missing any events)

21 minutes ago, TexMexWx said:

Measured roughly 0.25" of snow at my house... maybe the initial band "underperformed" slightly (I saw forecasts and model runs around a max of one inch) but it's still snowing lightly and so I'm pretty confident that we'll get a good deal more. 

Either way, this is the most I can remember at my house for the past 4 years haha (I don't think I'm missing any events)

The last time it snowed in significant amounts (= or greater than 2 inches) at DFW Airport was March 4, 2015, nearly 6 years ago. That is the longest stretch in weather record history. There has been no significant icing (0.25 or greater) in that time either. So, you are not missing any events. Though we still have a ways to go, but confident we will break the snow/ice drought before all said and done.

The models had 0.35-0.55" for Albuquerque in liquid equivalent with the system, and the actuals came in around 0.10-0.25" from I can see. I had about 2.0 inches of snow with temperatures in the 15-25 range generally. The airport legitimately had 0.18" fall as snow with 60 mph winds, but I had no wind at my house, which is unusual for an east-wind snow event here. This is my way of saying we probably sent you some desert-enhanced dryness with the Arctic air.