• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 7 - 8 ULL obs and nowcast

Looks for Morgan County, it was elevation and location dependent. IMBY we had a SE wind all day yesterday that strengthened at dark and that should have been a clue for me. Here is the SE slope of Lone Mt. 10 min from my house (2500'):

RnLZNAL.png

But on the N slope:

HWRbMKX.png

Just north in Wartburg:

FSiT1S5.png

Further NW I could tell the wind was more out of the NW and there was more snow, but not as much as I thought:

Obed scenery: 

6lXXPev.png

HbDqeDH.png

QAxtAYh.png

qWwzhN0.png

LxxAGTV.png

View over Mossy grove from Lone mountain:

FDmqAcm.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shocker0 said:
6 hours ago, Save the itchy algae! said:

How do you guys upload pics here? It’s telling me max size is 1.95MB.  That seems small.

I take a picture and then a take a screenshot of the picture with my phone lol

I take a phone pic, then send it to my computer, then upload it to IMGUR. Once you upload it to IMGUR, right click on it and choose "copy image address". You can then just copy that address into the text fields here and the pic will pop up. 

That way does not count against your max upload size or the total amount you can upload

Just now, Holston_River_Rambler said:

I take a phone pic, then send it to my computer, then upload it to IMGUR. Once you upload it to IMGUR, right click on it and choose "copy image address". You can then just copy that address into the text fields here and the pic will pop up. 

Yeah I know how to do all that, it just felt quicker to me to screenshot the picture I just took and upload that. Because screenshotting the picture seems to put it at around 1mb but the quality still looks good

Just now, Shocker0 said:

Yeah I know how to do all that, it just felt quicker to me to screenshot the picture I just took and upload that. Because screenshotting the picture seems to put it at around 1mb but the quality still looks good

I may be doing it the long way. I was trying to get that info to Itchy Algae but was too lazy to go back to that page, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John1122 said:

MRX event recap. 

KijOw7.md.jpg

See they did post a couple of actual spotter reports from Lee County. Although, they whitewashed the rest as if the reported lollipops were in just those very small areas. I went to Pennington gap today. They had 5 as well. Dryden between there and Big Stone reported 4 to 5" I saw pictures from there. So, those higher totals were more widespread than indicated at least in Lee County..

13 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

See they did post a couple of actual spotter reports from Lee County. Although, they whitewashed the rest as if the reported lollipops were in just those very small areas. I went to Pennington gap today. They had 5 as well. Dryden between there and Big Stone reported 4 to 5" I saw pictures from there. So, those higher totals were more widespread than indicated at least in Lee County..

There was 3-4 inches from here to Bell County to the Cumberland Gap area too. Map shading seems a bit off on the ground reality. 

• Like 1