• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 8th event obs

BullCityWx

I now have nothing falling from the sky, but I managed to get a re-coating of the ground before it all stopped.  I'm not sure to what two coatings add, but I'm going to call it a grand total of 0.5 inch for this storm (which I now assume has ended IMBY). That's a rather disappointing result when the winter storm warning was for 2-4 inches, and all I managed were two separate dustings, one at 7:00 AM and another at 4:30 PM.  On the bright side, I did get to see it snow almost all day long, at varying degrees of intensity, but none greater than the 3:30 - 4:15 PM window.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CentralNC said:

Light snow in Lewisville again after a 6 hour break.  It's been a while since we have had a more disappointing storm here.  I should have known better with these marginal temps.

It’s disappointing, but the bust factor is mitigated by the fact that only modest to light snow amounts were predicted. If a foot of snow would have been predicted, this would be an epic fail.

11 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

It’s disappointing, but the bust factor is mitigated by the fact that only modest to light snow amounts were predicted. If a foot of snow would have been predicted, this would be an epic fail.

I hear ya, but NWS and most (not all) TV mets had us at 2-4 and I can't even say I got a trace today.  That's a pretty big bust imo

Big flakes now. Coming down at a decent rate. Currently the moisture in Mooresville is coming from the north. Looking at radar out of Greenville it looks like it will end in the next hour or so. However if you switch to Roanoke or Raleigh you can see there is much more moisture upstream flowing this way. Therefore I’m assuming this will end in my area, not from north to south but west to east when this backend stuff starts to move toward the coast. 

• jburns unpinned this topic