Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 8th event obs

BullCityWx

1 minute ago, kvegas-wx said:

Why does it seem like this first wave is multiple hours ahead of schedule?  My forecast, and RAH, is saying snow well into the afternoon tomorrow.  Thats a loooong event if the precip shield fills in.

I have been thinking the same thing. Lots of verga so far in Concord, however Im pretty certain the leading shield of the main event is about to crank up imby. Ill post obs of course. Where r u located??

7 minutes ago, 85snowline said:

One thing for certain is that CLT is pushing their last bank of flights out like bam bam bam! They know something is bearing down on the city. Im on the NE side of the city and the airport is basically due west about 20miles... 

They have been delayed on the average of 8-10 mins tonite. Only 6 more departures for the night and 3 of them are cargo 

• Like 1

Just now, Avdave said:

They have been delayed on the average of 8-10 mins tonite. Only 6 more departures for the night and 3 of them are cargo 

Thx for that amazing update! Im ready for the city to get that hushed sound once the snow begins.... I can literally hear 85 traffic after around midnight... and its 3 miles as the crow.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 85snowline said:

Oh wow. My moms family settled Stokes County! I have family all over the Winston area. Cool

I'm in Stokes County now trying to start my hobby farm. Lived in Kernersville from 1987 until a little over a year ago. We've only had one snow that covered the ground since moving here so I'm hoping for a decent one this year. 

Currently 39° and cloudy

• jburns unpinned this topic