Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

17 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Homes in Tewksbury are way overpriced. And homes in Andover are off the charts expensive. A 600000 home in Andover often times needs 200k in repairs 

That’s everywhere. Unless you want to buy in cash, waive all things like inspections, don’t have a contingency like selling your home...good luck. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s everywhere. Unless you want to buy in cash, waive all things like inspections, don’t have a contingency like selling your hone...good luck. 

That was maybe the most eye opening thing about buying a few years ago. Just instant pass by the sellers when they learned that we were also selling our condo.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

That was maybe the most eye opening thing about buying a few years ago. Just instant pass by the sellers when they learned that we were also selling our condo.

We made a serious move earlier this summer down in Pembroke. Even went over asking and wrote a letter. They went with the buyers who offered a little less, but did not have a contingency on seller their home. As if selling a home would be a problem. :lol:   But after seeing how crazy things are, we are staying put for now. We are happy where we are.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We made a serious move earlier this summer down in Pembroke. Even went over asking and wrote a letter. They went with the buyers who offered a little less, but did not have a contingency on seller their home. As if selling a home would be a problem. :lol:   But after seeing how crazy things are, we are staying put for now. We are happy where we are.

Even buying land (which we eventually did) was nuts. Had a lot and they went with another buyer who just threw the cash at them. 

Ultimately we ended up right next door, but still it was wild and I never really want to go through it again. :lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Even buying land (which we eventually did) was nuts. Had a lot and they went with another buyer who just threw the cash at them. 

Ultimately we ended up right next door, but still it was wild and I never really want to go through it again. :lol:

It is stressful. But I’m sure this bubble will burst soon. Low inventory out there now. 

The housing market definitely favors aggressive moves right now. Two houses in our neighborhood in MD went on the market this year and both sold before even getting formally listed. One sold within hours of going up for sale.

A buddy of mine who wants to move into that neighborhood keeps complaining about how fast it moves, and I am telling him he needs to stop worrying about every little detail and taking weeks to decide if he even wants to schedule a walkthrough. He's one of those guys who analyzes decisions to death. It's a tough market unless you are a gambler type or have a ton of cash.

That's why we bought this house sight-unseen 600 miles away and still almost lost it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wouldn't buy a house right now unless you get lucky and find a good deal, selling is easy, buying is tough, you're competing with so many buyers so unless you have someplace to go as a contingency plan I'd stay put. I see houses listed at $299,900 going for $350,000.

7 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I wouldn't buy a house right now unless you get lucky and find a good deal, selling is easy, buying is tough, you're competing with so many buyers so unless you have someplace to go as a contingency plan I'd stay put. I see houses listed at $299,900 going for $350,000.

Yeah we are comfortable here too. We definitely would have a tighter budget if we moved so something to be said about that. 

52 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s pretty insane that selling your existing home disqualifies you from buying another one in a lot of cases right now :lol:.

That seems like pretty commonplace stuff. I don’t think I’ve ever known anyone to buy a home that wasn’t also selling their existing home. Most people don’t have cash of financing on hand for two homes.

23 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its all about diet, man...you need to eat according to schedule....every 2-3 waking hours, at least a good 25gm of lean protein. Preferably Whey, which is most quickly assimilated into the blood stream for rapid recovery post lift.

I mean 2-3 meal daily, which is supplemented with 2-3 servings of protein shakes....so like 6 meals equally dispersed on a daily basis.

I went from 175lbs in in like 2017 to my present weight of 2015 in under 2 years....only gained like half inch in my waist.

And genetics ...

In 'conceptual physiology'  (  I just am less sure how these terms situate in sciencey aspects of the field ...) there are three baser body modes:   Ectomorphic; Mesomorphic; Endomorphic.   

Ecto's tend to be thin/skinny/... 'wiry' as it were ... Think lean, type-a personality... "asshole" may leap to mind and in ( sad to admit ..) more times than not is an apropos description, if not in whole, something about 'em just worries people around them in a creepy vibe. They tend to get the job done and be goal oriented, tho..so there's that. But are often loathsomely lonely if not self-loathing and suicidal, - or, interestingly enough... giant woman tend to automatically end up with stalking crushes over them.  Weird -

Meso's tend to muscular ... balled muscle groups.. Pick up pencil, the next day ..the bicep is visible swollen with a vein snaking up its sinews.  Interestingly... they can be glib and charming, and concomitantly with those attributable 'red flags' .. if ya get in there its pretty clear sociopathy runs strong in that genome like the force does in the Skywalkers - ...still, hats off?  Even if one is not in the gym ballooning for their built in western cultural advantage, woman ( and some men ? ) still kinda sorta sense the magazine layout exist in there somewhere and that usually enough to the girl watching 'em to sit on their face anyway.

Endo's .. unfortunately are not ever billed nearly as highly attractive as these "gems" above,  in the modernity of culture/ .. western 'sexiness'.  Think button nose .. round faced, 'animated Cabbage-Patch Dolls',  wobbling around as stereotyped targets framed up in a "People Of Wallmart" book of comedy shade.  But you know..life's not so bad - because this genetic signal has survived since primal era humanity, so somehow they're still getting laid. ... even if it takes a bit of imagination to figure out 'how' the fu that logistically can take place...

Every person carries some amount of each in their total make-up.   It's like each is ecto, meso, and endo gets a number value 1 to 10.

Such that if you are 2 in ecto and a 4 in meso,  ... you have to be 4 in endo, to sum up to 10.    You could be a 1,1,9...   or a 3,3,6... I guess you couldn't be a 8,2,0 tho...  That's how the metrical analysis of physiological body-types is done I suppose.  It's sort of like Horoscope phenomenon in that sense... If one is reading from the Zodiac bible... that 3" thick tomb that describes why no one really ends up with the girl or guy of their dreams, but ends up learning to enjoy the taste of gods shit and resolute to have had a 'good life' anyway ... it seems like you could be any of those signs - it's because you really do carry traits in all. It's just a matter of amount. 

No one size fits all - ... if you are meso of 6 or 7 ... and small beans in the other two, diet is only part. You simply don't have to work as hard to get your body to look like the monster ego-enraged boner that lurks behind your eyes and a diverging, god- given chiseled smile.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s pretty insane that selling your existing home disqualifies you from buying another one in a lot of cases right now :lol:.

That seems like pretty commonplace stuff. I don’t think I’ve ever known anyone to buy a home that wasn’t also selling their existing home. Most people don’t have cash of financing on hand for two homes.

My wife and I ended up taking out a home equity loan so we could sign on the dotted line faster, then flipped the condo once we had the land secured and just paid off the loan.

Like Scott, we're settled now. Not going anywhere anytime soon. Now we're firmly in the middle of adding all the things we wished we added to the house when we built it phase.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Homes in Tewksbury are way overpriced. And homes in Andover are off the charts expensive. A 600000 home in Andover often times needs 200k in repairs 

There's truth in this sentiment's essence ...whether hyperbolic or not -

I'm 10 years into a home I never intended to live in this long.  It's literally "over the tracks" - probably in both the trope dark comedy aspect, but is so in physical setting.  There are 4 rails out that window, literally 150 feet over the road then a bit farther, not too well concealed by a brambling of shrubbery, bitter-sweet vine -strainied junk elm and maples, with typical strew of wind blown old plastic litter if also few vacated syringes on the thicket floor.   This services both the Purple -line, and Freight traffic. They carefully negotiate ...using this area for a switch yard.   Haven't yet witness a derailing or ( eesh ) collision.. but, .. given time, the cosmos assures everything happens at least once, with only one exception: I get to collide favorably with the woman of my dreams. In the meantime I await a loud 3 am banging and eventual bull horned pout of door to evacuate the inevitable chemical spill some day ...

From elevation.. .there is a main double track line, skirted one additional on either side, extending west-to-east. The layout splits and goes south, an artery the 'real' switch yard mega facility ... down there in Worcester.  West of here...I've bothered to geek it on the web..it appears the line connects to Amtrak out there around Great Berrington ... and also branches off to Alb/ Mohawk Valley .. others down to NY/N. Jersey industrial parks. The east one go to Boston ...and branch to service Maine it looks like.  But it's shaped like a "T" ... so they seasaw and load quarter to half mile long train segments onto these side rail lengths, and then couple up and move them up and down to switch... And that means.. .my house..wobble and shakes like a 3.9'er any any hour of the night while they do that transitional two-step logistical activity with 100, 000 tons in both directions.   Oh, and while that is happening... the commuter rail zips through at maxed urban speed allowance. 

I never visualize my life being stuck in station...having to be annoyed by that... But, I guess I could go down and ask those balled -head nine-year-olds of Dana Farber Institute what they think of an 'annoying life'  - maybe not so bad... Sometimes at 2:45 a.m. one can be standing there in the darkened kitchen, scratching balls through a yawn and a glass of wee-hour water, when some motion draws attention toward the window. Under the street lamp it's some leg dragger moving slowly down the road like an extra out of a "Walking Dead" setting.. 

But despite all that ... I still have been suddenly getting bombed by cold-call texting and phone direct to messages...  These are real-estate "venture capitalists" - I call them that, but I suspect they're just home flippers.  - haven't returned any calls or engaged in exactly why they want to purchase my home for cash... but, I can only assume, whatever I bought this house for 10 years ago, they want to make it 'worth my while' yet ... still think they can make a profit flipping??  wow -

It turns out that the "ring of economic growth and value" concomitantly expands from cities ..out, in North American economics.   This process takes multiple generations, but as the slow moving 'fortune tsunamis' overtakes the erstwhile hapless denizen's settings, their virtuosity has no defense by the raw fearsome power of money lust that comes with that wave.  That's all it is.. .a speculate greed wave. 

In the 1980s...it was just entering the Acton, east Chelmsford ...Wayland towns.... Now, it's expanded to and beyond Littleton and Boxborough across 495 ...and areas of Rt 9 between Framingham and Worcester up to Ayer and Tyngsborough ( although Tyngs. is hybrid Rt 3) are exploding in property value.   That value is an outside -< in appreciation, though.  You're sitting in a minnie-cape-sized drafty meth lab relic home in Ayer's mise-science of Military -base ( Devens ) abandoned economic dearth, in a prideful ( otherwise ) tedious blue-collar heritage,  when suddenly your home is made double or triple the worth by pure random assignment.  Winning the lottery in a sense I suppose.  And the gentrification that comes with it .. has been transforming the setting of Ayer to be a sort of anthropological dichotomy of culture perspectives, political values, ... and education varieties.  The wave effects communities differently - this has a bit a micro urban out in in the boonies heritage being sort of forced to progressive thinking.  Oh, I'm sure in 20 years the transition will be complete and this will be another blue bird utopia petri-dish to grow the future's "affluenza" narcissists.

I would take the offer... but I have no meaning for life any longer ...so I may as well rot here

Just had a zoom call with 2nd contractor to bid on our addition.  Looks like he’ll be the one as his price was light years better than the 1sr.  We’ve worked with both and the first quote I feel comes from a GC who is used to high end projects, so his fee reflects that.  We’re not in that boat.  Next step is to seek a construction loan once he refines his contract with a few items.  He says he can break ground in April, which would be perfect.

• Like 2

When we bought our home in March 2019, our purchase was contingent on my parents selling their home, since they would be moving into the in law downstairs and we would be using some of their sale proceeds to put a down payment.

We would literally be laughed at today if we tried to buy a house with that kind of contingency :lol:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm 10 years into a home I never intended to live in this long.  It's literally "over the tracks" - probably in both the trope dark comedy aspect, but is so in physical setting.  There are 4 rails out that window, literally 150 feet over the road then a bit farther, not too well concealed by a brambling of shrubbery, bitter-sweet vine -strainied junk elm and maples, with typical strew of wind blown old plastic litter if also few vacated syringes on the thicket floor.   This services both the Purple -line, and Freight traffic. They carefully negotiate ...using this area for a switch yard.   Haven't yet witness a derailing or ( eesh ) collision.. but, .. given time, the cosmos assures everything happens at least once, with only one exception: I get to collide favorably with the woman of my dreams. 

From elevation.. .there is a main double track line, skirted to one additional on either side, extending west-to-east. The layout splits and goes south, an artery the 'real' switch yard mega facility ... down there in Worcester.  West of here...I've bothered to geek it on the web..it appears the line connects to Amtrak out there around Great Berrington ... and also branches off to Alb/ Mohawk Valley .. others down to NY/N. Jersey industrial parks. The east one go to Boston ...and branch to service Maine it looks like.  But it's shaped like a "T" ... so they seasaw and load quarter to half mile long train segments onto these side rail lengths, and then couple up and move them up and down to switch... And that means.. .my house..wobble and shakes like a 3.9'er any any hour of the night while they do that transitional two-step logistical activity with 100, 000 tons in both directions.   Oh, and while that is happening... the commuter rail zips through at maxed urban speed allowance. 

I never visualize my life being annoyed by that... But, I guess I could go down and ask those balled -head nine-year-olds of Dana Farber Institute what they think of a 'annoying life'  - maybe not so bad...

But despite all that ...and the fact that sometimes at 2:45 a.m. standing there in the darkened kitchen scratching one's balls through yawn and a glass of water motion out the wind under the street lamp catches your attention to some leg dragger moving slowly down the road like an extra out of a "Walking Dead" setting ... I still have been suddenly getting bombed by cold-call texting and phone direct to messages...  These are real-estate "venture capitalists" - I call them that, but their just home flippers, I'm sure - haven't returned any calls or engaged in exactly why they want to purchase my home for cash... but, I can only assume, whatever I bought this house for 10 years ago, they want to make it 'worth my while' yet ... still think they can make a profit flipping??  wow -

It turns out that the "ring of economic growth and value" concomitantly expands from cities ..out, in North American economics.   This process take multiple generations.  In the 1980s...it was just entering the Acton, east Chelmsford ...Wayland towns.... Now, it's expanded to and beyond Littleton and Boxborough across 495 ...and areas of Rt 9 between Framingham and Worcester up to Ayer and Tyngsborough ( although Tyngs. is hybrid Rt 3) are exploding in property value.   That value is a outside - in appreciation, though.  You're sitting in a minnie-cape draft meth lab of a Ayer, Military -base ( Devens ) abandoned economic dearth home, and suddenly it is made double or triple the worth by assignment.  Winning the lottery in a sense I suppose. 

I would take the offer... but I have meaning for life any longer ...so I may as well rot here

Those real estate vulture capitalists will not offer you close to what your home is actually worth on the open market. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

And genetics ...

Your Body type break down was entertaining and Seems pretty accurate Based on what I believe .

However, if the * goal is success * and not being distracted by others easier paths , then you have to eat for your “dominant body type”

Endo’s - avoid processed carbohydrates- and high alcohol .minimize them . Eat lean proteins , healthy fats . Maximize those .Alcohol will raise estrogen and endos already run a tad high there . Push the intensity in your workouts w Cardio and weights . Intermittent fasting is a easier way to do this for the “busy” person .

The hardest path is for the Ecto-Endo. Longer / thinner muscle bellies but still somewhat wider hips with a tendency to store fat on torso . Best for them to follow the endo dominant plan unless they are trying to Look like a lineman.

I'm 10 years into a home I never intended to live in this long.  It's literally "over the tracks" - probably in both the trope dark comedy aspect, but is so in physical setting.  There are 4 rails out that window, literally 150 feet over the road then a bit farther, not too well concealed by a brambling of shrubbery, bitter-sweet vine -strainied junk elm and maples, with typical strew of wind blown old plastic litter if also few vacated syringes on the thicket floor.   This services both the Purple -line, and Freight traffic. They carefully negotiate ...using this area for a switch yard.   Haven't yet witness a derailing or ( eesh ) collision.. but, .. given time, the cosmos assures everything happens at least once, with only one exception: I get to collide favorably with the woman of my dreams. In the meantime I await a loud 3 am banging and eventual bull horned pout of door to evacuate the inevitable chemical spill some day ...
From elevation.. .there is a main double track line, skirted one additional on either side, extending west-to-east. The layout splits and goes south, an artery the 'real' switch yard mega facility ... down there in Worcester.  West of here...I've bothered to geek it on the web..it appears the line connects to Amtrak out there around Great Berrington ... and also branches off to Alb/ Mohawk Valley .. others down to NY/N. Jersey industrial parks. The east one go to Boston ...and branch to service Maine it looks like.  But it's shaped like a "T" ... so they seasaw and load quarter to half mile long train segments onto these side rail lengths, and then couple up and move them up and down to switch... And that means.. .my house..wobble and shakes like a 3.9'er any any hour of the night while they do that transitional two-step logistical activity with 100, 000 tons in both directions.   Oh, and while that is happening... the commuter rail zips through at maxed urban speed allowance. 
I never visualize my life being annoyed by that... But, I guess I could go down and ask those balled -head nine-year-olds of Dana Farber Institute what they think of a 'annoying life'  - maybe not so bad...
But despite all that ...and the fact that sometimes at 2:45 a.m. standing there in the darkened kitchen scratching one's balls through yawn and a glass of water some motion out the wind, under the street lamp, catches your attention ... some leg dragger moving slowly down the road like an extra out of a "Walking Dead" setting ... I still have been suddenly getting bombed by cold-call texting and phone direct to messages...  These are real-estate "venture capitalists" - I call them that, but I suspect they're just home flippers.  - haven't returned any calls or engaged in exactly why they want to purchase my home for cash... but, I can only assume, whatever I bought this house for 10 years ago, they want to make it 'worth my while' yet ... still think they can make a profit flipping??  wow -
It turns out that the "ring of economic growth and value" concomitantly expands from cities ..out, in North American economics.   This process takes multiple generations, but as the slow moving 'fortunate tsunamis' overtakes the erstwhile hapless denizen's settings, their virtuosity has no defense by the raw fearsome power of money lust that comes with that wave.  That's all it is.. .a speculate greed wave. 
In the 1980s...it was just entering the Acton, east Chelmsford ...Wayland towns.... Now, it's expanded to and beyond Littleton and Boxborough across 495 ...and areas of Rt 9 between Framingham and Worcester up to Ayer and Tyngsborough ( although Tyngs. is hybrid Rt 3) are exploding in property value.   That value is an outside - I would take the offer... but I have meaning for life any longer ...so I may as well rot here
Cliff notes please

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Your Body type break down was entertaining and Seems pretty accurate Based on what I believe .

However, if the * goal is success * and not being distracted by others easier paths , then you have to eat for your “dominant body type”

Endo’s - avoid processed carbohydrates- and high alcohol .minimize them . Eat lean proteins , healthy fats . Maximize those .Alcohol will raise estrogen and endos already run a tad high there . Push the intensity in your workouts w Cardio and weights . Intermittent fasting is a easier way to do this for the “busy” person .

The hardest path is for the Ecto-Endo. Longer / thinner muscle bellies but still somewhat wider hips with a tendency to store fat on torso . Best for them to follow the endo dominant plan unless they are trying to Look like a lineman.

Oh yeah... you know I was more than half joking way off the deep end... I just re-read that - have to pat myself. I was giggling all the way through that.  Sometimes one's best writing is from the hip through a morning fog of lax inhibited, partial caffinated fugue. Can't hurt to have a distaste of disgruntling for humanity, either ...  n'yuk

No but yeah diet diet diet.   Ray's actually right - ... I mean, first of all * duh * we're talking about vanity?  Who cares over 30 ... well, 40 ... maybe 30s are in that gray area. But by the time 40 hits more are denying 1/4 of there chest hair curls gray and even found one on their nut sack and there heart skipped a beat.  Luckily...it holds in that state until 53 before it gets much worse.  But concomitant with those 'wisdom whiskers' comes an abandonment of denials and acceptance of one's stature and ... the working out?  It's about 'feeling good'  - feeling good about one's self.

I mean excuse the Tony Robbin's babble for a moment ... if one is having a cosmic dong day and there are no determinably saddling aspect with a shitty physical limitation .. a work out does remarkable things to elixir that torment.  Then, putting a nice salmon dinner with vegatables on top and waking up shredded ... it just seems to help - as one gets on and grows up, that's really way more important.  And diet helps work outs so the two reinforce one another and the total gain...all that.  And skinny dudes/girls can can modulate the body and diet is important ... if they have to work hard to get over genetic limitations, that'll help -

As you are right also -   by and large, know one's body type.. modulate a life style accordingly and you'll get there or some acceptable goal along the way.  My particular thing is I'm probably 6, 3, 1, ecto meso endo in that order .. .maybe 5,2,2 .. but do probably too much of one work out type and not enough commitment to mass building to fairly complain.  I 'm kind of full of shit on that part of it.  Until I start doing Whey and Arnold note keeping on rep counts like those other jar heads in the gym I probably am just being assholey there -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Those real estate vulture capitalists will not offer you close to what your home is actually worth on the open market. 

Oh  right, of course not... 

Yeah their thinking 'it's Ayer'  ... good shot at a cold call hitting a mortgag as a credit risked, handsome interest rate saddled schmuck ... They're providing the easy way out.  Nothing wrong with that... sometimes when I spending 5,000 on a new back roof, or 7K on new windows that required frame and sill work... new flooring ... jesus, it never ends..I've fantasize mailing the key the MP and fleeing to the tropical island and tending a teke bar.  

Houses bought up in this town some 10 years ago... 180 for a small ranch...?  They'll probably throw 190 or 200 at you, you get out of it... They'll either raise the house and build new one for 75, 000 const. cost then sell for 450K ( now that the ring of speculation is in the area ). Or just flip it and sell and try 350K

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

In a down market you'd be surprised how many people have two mortgages for a spell, some up to a year. They find a house they really want but takes a awhile to sell the house they were currently living in,.

Futures are up as Market is Seeing Longer dated bond yields fall. Those bonds were extremely oversold so a pullback was likely . Last coupe hours on Friday saw 5-10% move down in yields .

It would be a sort of a nervous rally  bc stocks are acting more reactive to bond yield movement compared to the Other 11 months of  rally when that was not a concern at all . In the sense of any rally is a bit shakier bc should we see bond yields rise up quickly (within hours -they had a mind of their own last week ) markets will build pressure very quickly to sell off (reprice historic valuations lower) As there is a inverse relationship between interest rates and  Stock  valuations 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Futures are up as Market is Seeing Longer dated bond yields fall. Those bonds were extremely oversold so a pullback was likely . Last coupe hours on Friday saw 5-10% move down in yields .

It would be a sort of a nervous rally  bc stocks are acting more reactive to bond yield movement compared to the Other 11 months of  rally when that was not a concern at all . In the sense of any rally is a bit shakier bc should we see bond yields rise up quickly (within hours -they had a mind of their own last week ) markets will build pressure very quickly to sell off (reprice historic valuations lower) As there is a inverse relationship between interest rates and  Stock  valuations 

We don’t agree on much but the debate is always cordial. I would put forth that rising rates are ++ for stocks. For instance see this from 6 yrs ago: http://econompicdata.blogspot.com/2015/03/fearful-of-rising-rates-stocks-have-you.html 

Also this is different from say 2018 when the curve was volatile on the short end, last week it was the long end...which to me signals economic optimism. Secondly, last week may have been exacerbated by CTA repositioning...the 2/5/10 yr butterfly trade moved 24 bps which is a true black swan event in that market- like literally a 1 in a billion year event if you calc it out. Down week, little flushing...I like the reset here.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

One thing I will say to people, writing a letter like you did can make a huge difference. It's a great idea

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I bought into $dis. Just seems like a safe move. What do you think? Also for fun it seems like doge coin is due for a break out

45 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I bought into $dis. Just seems like a safe move. What do you think? Also for fun it seems like doge coin is due for a break out

I have DOGE... holding around $3K in it right now.  I know it's a long term thing and yeah, it's up and down like crazy but still fine.  And yes, this is money I can play with lol

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1