• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

Yields rising very fast in every country . 
Europe central bank “ we are monitoring this very closely “

United States Central Bank “ this can be seen as a sign of confidence

Lol . So much liquidity in this market that it  will go anywhere money can be made and highest volumes are showing traders are driving them up . Powell somehow talked for 6 hours last two days without one moron from congress asking him a direct question about what he is willing to do to keep Business and consumer borrowing costs (Tied to 10 year yield  )accommodative . Amazing . 

Nasdaq down 1% and other markets Just Turing red . Not much wiggle room Here between down Big  and up To new all time high depending on when this is answered by fed .

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Definitely felt side-effects on 1st shot.  Late yesterday I was exhausted and felt a bit nauseous.  Felling better this AM though.

Pfizer or Moderna?  I had my first Pfizer shot on Sunday and had minor aches and headache for about 24 hours, but nothing that kept me down.  Heard the reaction can be a little more after the second shot, but does seem to vary.  Just glad to be getting them!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I bought a couple this morning. I have no idea WTF I'm doing but hey it seems like this could be fun.

I may get in if there’s a round 3. Today we watch. If it gets back down to $40ish I’ll jump in for the next wave. Probably just a few shares like you...nothing crazy like some of those WSB weenies throwing around 10k shares like snow on clown maps. 

8 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Pfizer or Moderna?  I had my first Pfizer shot on Sunday and had minor aches and headache for about 24 hours, but nothing that kept me down.  Heard the reaction can be a little more after the second shot, but does seem to vary.  Just glad to be getting them!

Moderna.  Just soreness around the upper arm and the fatigue.  Seems some people are more susceptible to side effects.  My dad is getting his 2nd today.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Moderna.  Just soreness around the upper arm and the fatigue.  Seems some people are more susceptible to side effects.  My dad is getting his 2nd today.

I just turned 58 a few weeks ago, I had a contact, and was able to get my wife a vaccine as well, her 1 st shot was Feb. 8th, she goes March 7 for her second. I had my first shot 2 days ago, we both had Moderna, both soreness upper arm, last night i felt fatigue, went to bed early, woke up much better, everyone is different. Lets revisit after 2nd shot..........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I had the strongest reaction I've ever had to the flu shot this year. Two days of feeling like ass, but no soreness. I'm able to sign up for the shot on my b-day Morch 22nd

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I got my mom an appointment next Friday at Gillette East.  She says she only got a email with little information (no confirmation number or anything like that).  Anyone familiar with the Gillette process?  

Will they schedule her second shot at Gillette next Friday?  

I ended up getting mine in Randolph and not at Gillette.  Same thing, confirmation email with very little info.  I think all sites are probably using the same system.  Didn't know how early to show up for 1:45 appointment so got there about 1:20.  Breezed thru and was on my way home at 1:43 and that included the 15 minute post shot wait.  Got an email yesterday saying I would be contacted in about two weeks to set up the second shot.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I tested positive last Tuesday.

My oldest lost his taste and smell for 8 days, Said it was gradual for the first two, Then completely lost for 6,  He says even now he only got back about 90% of his taste and smell and that was back around thanksgiving.

8 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I got my mom an appointment next Friday at Gillette East.  She says she only got a email with little information (no confirmation number or anything like that).  Anyone familiar with the Gillette process?  

Will they schedule her second shot at Gillette next Friday?  

The email should say the appointment is confirmed.  She'll get an email reminder a day beforehand.  Once she's entered, and is sat down at table, they'll ask for name and DOB and she should pop up in the system has having scheduled vaccination.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HimoorWx said:

The 3 people i know that had a small but noticeable reaction from the  (pfizer/ moderna)  first shot were "down" for a day and a half After the second shot. I.E not working/laying in bed. Then all 3 were better after second day after second shot.

I know 2 people who had no reaction after first shot or second shot. 

I know one lady who has a shell fish allergy who went into  shock and was in hospital for a couple days after first shot, she is frightened to get her second. The shell fish allergy response is known to be the one real very serious issue. 

5 out of these 6 people i work with as a personal trainer so i speak with this group frequently. 

• Like 2

markets tanking Very hard right now ....yes on Yields ...and lack of care the Fed is paying to the market tantrum.  This is the bed the Fed has made for markets thru endless intervention and if they choose not to intervene with rising global yields via at least talking them down (which they are not)  then asset values fall, interest rates rise and its potentially setting the stage of a trap where growth slows and rates rise 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The taste thing is so bizarre.  I know a few folks who had very mild cases but lost taste and smell for weeks.

I was very mild , slight cough, body aches for one morning, but yeah, the loss of taste and smell lasted about 2 weeks. Weird to wake up one morning and not have bad breath (dogs too, lol). Went to the fridge opened bag of coffee, nothing!).

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

markets tanking Very hard right now ....yes on Yields ...and lack of care the Fed is paying to the market tantrum.  This is the bed the Fed has made for markets thru endless intervention and if they choose not to intervene with rising global yields via at least talking them down (which they are not)  then asset values fall, interest rates rise and its potentially setting the stage of a trap where growth slows and rates rise 

The market needs to come back down the reality.  Record highs in the middle of a pandemic with soaring unemployment just makes no sense.  The super rich will still benefit nicely as they'll just pick up discounted stocks and ride the next wave up as the poor scrounge for scraps (if they're even at the table).  What a system!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I also have 2 friends in W MA who had covid positive tests with what I would call moderate symptoms and nobody else in their households caught it or tested positive.  Weird.

People are under the impression that everyone can get it. Some people appear to be completely immune to it. There are tons of studies on genetics and t-cell immunity playing a huge part. I can't tell you how many people I know that were living with someone that had symptoms and never got it. 

My wife has had the flu several times and I have never had the flu in my life.  Same thing. 

• Like 1