• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

As I posted Sunday nite . This sell off is about 10 year yield rising . Rising yield is a knife cutting extreme extended historic valuations that are found everywhere in this marker . It also erodes T.I.N.A (there is not another ) option to put you money than stocks .

Jay Powell has a chance today at 10am to calm markets !

and I believe he understands the systematic importance of simply saying they are watching the yield on 10 year and they are going to extend the current fed bond buying (yes we buy our “own debt in massive numbers” ) maturities out further on the Yield curve . I.E we will buy/ cap the yield on 10 year because we have said over and over the 10 year remaining accommodative is imperative for economic recovery as it relates to interest rates to businesses and consumers . He has stated also they are committed to the recovery .  

If he can’t do this stocks have a long way down And things may get ugly fast given the leverage in this marker and the Pavlovian response of buying the dip that has made folks huge money this year 

if he is successful , we make new highs And we kick the can AND anyone going long this am makes money 

Lithium miners and rare earth mineral miners have help up well . The lithium , nickel and graphite miners are the safest and best plays in EV explosion , the manufacturers are a crap show of over valuations and too many are entering market and all promising gigantic growth . Wouldn’t touch them 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

As I posted Sunday nite . This sell off is about 10 year yield rising . Rising yield is a knife cutting extreme extended historic valuations that are found everywhere in this marker . It also erodes T.I.N.A (there is not another ) option to put you money than stocks .

and I believe he understands the systematic importance of simply saying they are watching the yield on 10 year and they are going to extend the current fed bond buying (yes we buy our “own debt in massive numbers” ) maturities out further on the Yield curve . I.E we will buy/ cap the yield on 10 year because we have said over and over the 10 year remaining accommodative is imperative for economic recovery as it relates to interest rates to businesses and consumers . He has stated also they are committed to the recovery .  

If he can’t do this stocks have a long way down And things may get ugly fast given the leverage in this marker and the Pavlovian response of buying the dip that has made folks huge money this year 

if he is successful , we make new highs And we kick the can AND anyone going long this am makes money 

Lithium miners and rare earth mineral miners have help up well . The lithium , nickel and graphite miners are the safest and best plays in EV explosion , the manufacturers are a crap show of over valuations and too many are entering market and all promising gigantic growth . Wouldn’t touch them 

Thoughts on crypto as a hedge against inflation? 

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Good summary, my gold and silver stocks are  doing well, Ill check out the ones you mentioned.

49 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Thoughts on crypto as a hedge against inflation? 

Crypto is super volatile so you need to have the stomach for big losses and gains without getting rattled.  The crash the past few days had several catalysts.  Yellen, CNBC and then Bill Gates all had negative comments about BTC which spooked the casual investors. (I'm not sure how Gates is an expert on every subject in the news?)  More importantly  there was massive selling from the F2 crypto pool and that liquidated a lot of the day traders the past 48 hours.   Futures expiration is Friday and the institutions and whales might be shaking out the weak hands in a bear trap.  That is, of course,  speculation but the guys I trust feel that way. 

I seriously doubt the crypto Bull Market is done.  Platforms like ETH and ATOM are what the banking world is going to need in our evolving world of electronic currencies. Blockchain is the furure for better or for worse.   Interesting that JPM was also crytical of BTC this week yet has a 6 figure price target moving forward.   Hmmm.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Crypto is super volatile so you need to have the stomach for big losses and gains without getting rattled.  The crash the past few days had several catalysts.  Yellen, CNBC and then Bill Gates all had negative comments about BTC which spooked the casual investors. (I'm not sure how Gates is an expert on every subject in the news?)  More importantly  there was massive selling from the F2 crypto pool and that liquidated a lot of the day traders the past 48 hours.   Futures expiration is Friday and the institutions and whales might be shaking out the weak hands in a bear trap.  That is, of course,  speculation but the guys I trust feel that way. 

I seriously doubt the crypto Bull Market is done.  Platforms like ETH and ATOM are what the banking world is going to need in our evolving world of electronic currencies. Blockchain is the furure for better or for worse.   Interesting that JPM was also crytical of BTC this week yet has a 6 figure price target moving forward.   Hmmm.

What are your thoughts about XRP? 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

What are your thoughts about XRP? 

I don't know man, that's an enigma to me.  If the SEC drops the lawsuit than it will probably soar.  Somehow it's still ahead of Stellar which is sort of it's main competitor.  It's a great platform and has huge market cap but it got caught up in the whole Ripple debacle so I would be careful with it for now until the SEC smoke clears.

Look into ATOM (Cosmos) it could be a big gainer and is good technology.  I don't have a ton invested in Crypto but certainly enough to check prices every morning when I get up.  Lol   This morning was the first time a massive dip didn't rattle me since I believe in the market right now, not swing trading. Hell, huge losses have already been halved today if not more and ATOM is green.  I generally stay away from Cryptos that are not in the top 20 market cap.  The only exception is DASH and ALGO because they seem to have good potential. 

Most of my position is ETH and ATOM. 

Do your research!  I'll put up a list of my favorite Youtuber's later.

• Thanks 2

@BuffaloWeather Ben (CryptoBoy) does a live stream every weekday that you can watch anytime.   He knows his shit and is fun to listen too.   Today he explained last nights drop in detail.  Use him to get insight into Cryptos that might be worth researching further as a possible investment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQKAuQkcwpA

• Thanks 1

Powell in his testimony Did NOT directly address the current elephant in the room regarding recent stock market Instability . I.E rising bond yields on 10 year 

He did not say anything to the effect of we will watch that That  it doesn’t run too much Bc that will hamper recovery efforts in so much as the rising 10 year is tied to borrowing rates for businesses and consumers . He is a very intelligent guy so that tells me he is willing to let more “Froth” come out of the market . I.E further stock falls 

Until he addresses directly capping 10 year yields which could be as quick as a random sound bite I would treat any bounce as temporary 

He didn’t even talk the 10 year yield down during his testimony, this levered market can get away from the fed fast and he would then step in , this is a not a system on firm  footing . That being said if he comments they will use tools to keep 10 year yield accommodative ...we make new all time highs within a few days 

Edit. There is not a ton of middle ground in the market...the one thing he did take off the table was tapering ...which to anyone w a idea of what is supporting this market ..is just saying i won't shoot the patient in the head.  If the 10 year can fall below 1.30 we can see a rip higher in stocks...Powell didn't say what he could have to do this ..so it's sort of annoying and a wait and see