Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

51 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds like the ring-leader lives in Tolland... 21 year old driver.  But also some very young ones too.

“State police said a 13-year-old girl and a 14-year-old girl were also in the car. They were issued juvenile summonses and released to their parents.

State police determined, after questioning, that the group was on its way to burglarize and steal vehicles in Tolland County, according to a report.“

“Released to their parents”...

I’m sure that will help. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’ve always presumed our big dog not too happy with an intruder beat locks all day every day.  

Hey Kevin...you packing?

No and honestly ever since the last few months prior to the election a couple buddies and I kept saying we needed to. And we never did and I’m kicking myself for it. Because it now takes over a year in this hideous state I live in 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No and honestly ever since the last few months prior to the election a couple buddies and I kept saying we needed to. And we never did and I’m kicking myself for it. Because it now takes over a year in this hideous state I live in 

The reality is unless you have it on your holster all the time which is doubtful you can easily be overrun by a criminal with a gun.   The first time I went to Israel I thought I was in the Wild West. Guys walking around packing with guns on their belt wheeling around their 4-6 kids..lol.  That was about 30 years ago 

Invested in some Arlo WiFi cameras this year and have them facing the garage/driveway and the shed piece of mind now to have alerts and video footage, also a full gun safe doesn’t hurt......last spring at least a couple cars per weekend we’re getting stolen here in the Farmington Valley

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

To be fair.... if I did the “official” measuring, it would probably be a bit lower 

Still probably better than 48" lol.  Though I have somehow Meh'd my way to 8th Best February in the Great Snow Era (1992-1993 Onward).  And a few inches from 6th.  So that's not bad for 29 years.  

On a Much Grander Topic - I've now averaged 49" in the past 6 Winters.  That's almost in Perfect alignment with 1991-1992 on back to the beginning of recorded data in the 1800's of 48".  Where the 1992-1993 to 2014-2015 Average was a giant leap to 62".  Is it Simply that.... We are now OUT of the "Great Snow Era"?  And Back to the old average?  

BUT: My 5 year period of 1997-1998 to 2001-2002 Average was a horrible 34".  And my 6 year period of 2006-2007 to 2011-2012 Average was an OK 53.5", but it included 2 of the Worst 3 Winters of my life.  So is THIS.... just another 6 year Crappy Off Period INSIDE of the still continuing Great Snow Era?  And 2021-2022 to 2024-2025 will be Awesome with Records broken?  Followed by 5/6 years or Worse crap than 1997-1998 to 2001-2002?  

8 hours ago, PhineasC said:

“Released to their parents”...

I’m sure that will help. 

Huge issue in CT. Our previous governor made any juvenile crime basically exempt from punishment. He closed every juvenile facility and made it so assault, robbery, auto theft, and gun possession gets you released to your parents because your under 18 and a juvenile. Add in the no chase policy for police and kids under 18 can do what they want with zero repercussions.

This has become a massive issue in the suburbs outside CT cities. Armed teenage kids from New Haven stealing cars and driving around  neighborhoods is common here. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That seems off. Even an augmented ob would never report 9SM vis and squalls. :lol:  Not to mention it does not fit that definition.

Yeah...the observer went a little weenieish there. Like you said, SQ has a specific definition. I’ve seen it reported automated in New England, but it’s rare...a lot more common to our west with severe weather. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So my sister, sig other, 3 kids, and stepkid all have the covid. That’s 6 in her household in Manchester while the town of Tilton has 0.

That sucks.... my wife myself and both my parents have it right now.

The loss of taste and smell is maddening. And so strange at the same time.

I literally can’t smell or taste a damn thing 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So my sister, sig other, 3 kids, and stepkid all have the covid. That’s 6 in her household in Manchester while the town of Tilton has 0.

Seems like a mild but very infectious form of the virus is what is spreading now. Everyone is getting it but the vast majority are not really getting very sick. Herd immunity is probably getting close. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My mom and dad are scheduled to get the vaccine this Wednesday. Thankfully my sister and kids haven’t seen them since the day before the Super Bowl. 

All 6 of them just have cold symptoms so they’re quarantining and fine. Her boyfriend is a produce manager at Hannaford so my hunch is he got it first. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Seems like a mild but very infectious form of the virus is what is spreading now. Everyone is getting it but the vast majority are not really getting very sick. Herd immunity is probably getting close. 

Yeah pretty much. Although active cases in C NH are dropping pretty quickly. 

I did have a former coworker die from it last week. Poor guy retired about a year ago and dies of this after being in the hospital for about 5 weeks. Shitty way to go. 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My mom and dad are scheduled to get the vaccine this Wednesday. Thankfully my sister and kids haven’t seen them since the day before the Super Bowl. 

All 6 of them just have cold symptoms so they’re quarantining and fine. Her boyfriend is a produce manager at Hannaford so my hunch is he got it first. 

Yeah, we all have varying degrees of cold symptoms... I’m not even sure I’d qualify myself as “sick” but I do have loss of taste and smell.

My wife is done with quarantine tomorrow... I guess you aren’t contagious anymore after like 10 days.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The smell part was the craziest thing for me.. I had my cologne under my nose and couldn't smell it at all! The day it started coming back I was beyond excited.. 

3 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

The smell part was the craziest thing for me.. I had my cologne under my nose and couldn't smell it at all! The day it started coming back I was beyond excited.. 

How long was it gone if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve been reading horror stories of people who don’t get it back 

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

How long was it gone if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve been reading horror stories of people who don’t get it back 

Get some durian from an Asian food store. If you can't smell that you can't smell anything. Maybe it would restimulate your senses. lol