Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

35 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

@Great Snow 1717

I don’t want to clutter up the observation thread, but my wife and I are lucky to have bought when we did (March 2019) as we probably wouldn’t be going anywhere right now.

We kind of just scraped by and a lot of things had to fall into place for us to land this house, and it took some time.

Right now, we wouldn’t be able to even be in the competition probably. Cash buyers, buyers with financing lined up to the point all they have to do  is sign.

The zestimate of our home is almost 100k more than what we paid for it, and that’s not including the work we’ve done. Landscaping, finishing the basement, finishing a roughed in bathroom, etc etc.

We bought for 400k I bet we’d be pushing 550 now if we went to sell.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/open-houses-cause-traffic-jams-in-crazy-hot-real-estate-market/35451691

Probably added 150K to my house also just from 2018 when we bought.  Crazy everywhere-

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

@Great Snow 1717

I don’t want to clutter up the observation thread, but my wife and I are lucky to have bought when we did (March 2019) as we probably wouldn’t be going anywhere right now.

We kind of just scraped by and a lot of things had to fall into place for us to land this house, and it took some time.

Right now, we wouldn’t be able to even be in the competition probably. Cash buyers, buyers with financing lined up to the point all they have to do  is sign.

The zestimate of our home is almost 100k more than what we paid for it, and that’s not including the work we’ve done. Landscaping, finishing the basement, finishing a roughed in bathroom, etc etc.

You did well, lot of competition for homes for sale,  you can make a killing on your house if you sell but there's not many places for sale, so then what? Lucky you found one and got it.

7 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

A lot of the penny stocks will be on the pink sheets, that's why you have to do your homework. If i buy 5-6 stocks I might hit it big on 1, semi-big on another and the other 2-3 might go nowhere or bust, that's why I like to spread my money around on 5-6.

Is there any different rules or regs to buying the pink sheets?

Something is clearly going on in the SUB Penny stock market. This is not a joke - This i believe is a rare opportunity of sorts that will last maybe a couple more days. This is not causing massive disruption to the markets, bc nobody really cares when a stock increases 5000% in 5 days when it goes from .0001 to .005 but your bank account will care.  There are over 100's of penny stocks up 50% in the last several days on 2000% volume (compared to average) 

Prior to this week i never bought a stock that was less than 25 cents nevermind .0002 . But this week i have and here is why .

I use stock twits for a lot of the Sub-pennies that are trending. Also Bar-Chart has a sub index after you click stocks (on top left) that has 2 great lists for this week. Hot Penny stocks and Cannabis stocks are two sub indexes worth clicking on .  I'm going to make a short list of tickers for both- in case people are short on time .

https://www.barchart.com/stocks/sectors/penny-stocks

Top performers last 5 days ( I wouldn't buy these only because i would say their  runs have peaked or are close and will more likely stall and condense for another run or just fall) but to give you an idea of what's going on...most of these have NO new news. 

ZENG  7600%   

SETY  6900%

GRGR 4400%

FDEY  2900%

HYII (mining stock) 750% in 2 days 

The current prices for those AFTER The runs are 1/3 to 3/4 of ONE PENNY !  Now the volumes are so incredibly high that the big /ask spreads are so incredibly tight to the nearest thousandth of a penny so you could realize those gains...only difference is you end up buying 500,000 shares for 100$ and then it addes up.  100$ in ZENG 5 days ago would net you 7600$ at close. 

There are some other's that are not Sub-pennies but Penny stocks ...some of these have catalysts like Green energy companies who could benefit from new legislation or miners from rising commodity prices and demand for various minerals for EV vehicles. Other's AI' start ups. 

Here is a list of those that are hot

FPVD .048 cents up   450% in 5 days (its a shell company that just reverse merged to go public as Big Capital (good new CEO) 

MJNA .096   up 300% in 5 days (medical cannabis) 

CRYBF 300% in three days EV battery company (prices consolidated today after 350% run up yesterday on Big new Sales

Many many more ...volumes are other wordly

So many in last two days have popped 40-50% based on nothing ...just giant volumes and people showing up on chat forums that  have been bag holding from  10 years ago when these went public at like 25 -50 cents... ...

Two other cannibis Sub pennies that are hot thanks to new legislation 

USMJ  up 350% in two days  .0041$

CATV  375% in 3 days  involved in CBD /ADS  .0039$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NPA and SRAC are so juicy looking in Space Sector. Own a bunch of both. LT holds

People are willing to throw money into this sector like mad as it's poised to grow hundreds of percentage points ..and Kathy Wood launching ARKX for space sector  ( ARK funds Rated THE  top fund by morning star) out of 500! All her ARK funds returned 100% ...and money is flying into this space...because they know which companies she is most likely to select and when 20 Billion flows into ARKX guess what happens to the stocks in that fund. Some have been front running that. 

NPA

SRAC     are huge in that space.  The beauty is the market will give these SKY HIGH valuations as HYPER Growth stocks and give them a few years to actually make money...SRAC really has well into the triple digit potential over next 5 years. 

Something is clearly going on in the SUB Penny stock market. This is not a joke - This i believe is a rare opportunity of sorts that will last maybe a couple more days. This is not causing massive disruption to the markets, bc nobody really cares when a stock increases 5000% in 5 days when it goes from .0001 to .005 but your bank account will care.  There are over 100's of penny stocks up 50% in the last several days on 2000% volume (compared to average) 
Prior to this week i never bought a stock that was less than 25 cents nevermind .0002 . But this week i have and here is why .
I use stock twits for a lot of the Sub-pennies that are trending. Also Bar-Chart has a sub index after you click stocks (on top left) that has 2 great lists for this week. Hot Penny stocks and Cannabis stocks are two sub indexes worth clicking on .  I'm going to make a short list of tickers for both- in case people are short on time .
https://www.barchart.com/stocks/sectors/penny-stocks
Top performers last 5 days ( I wouldn't buy these only because i would say their  runs have peaked or are close and will more likely stall and condense for another run or just fall) but to give you an idea of what's going on...most of these have NO new news. 
ZENG  7600%   
SETY  6900%
GRGR 4400%
FDEY  2900%
HYII (mining stock) 750% in 2 days 
The current prices for those AFTER The runs are 1/3 to 3/4 of ONE PENNY !  Now the volumes are so incredibly high that the big /ask spreads are so incredibly tight to the nearest thousandth of a penny so you could realize those gains...only difference is you end up buying 500,000 shares for 100$ and then it addes up.  100$ in ZENG 5 days ago would net you 7600$ at close. 
There are some other's that are not Sub-pennies but Penny stocks ...some of these have catalysts like Green energy companies who could benefit from new legislation or miners from rising commodity prices and demand for various minerals for EV vehicles. Other's AI' start ups. 
Here is a list of those that are hot
FPVD .048 cents up   450% in 5 days (its a shell company that just reverse merged to go public as Big Capital (good new CEO) 
MJNA .096   up 300% in 5 days (medical cannabis) 
CRYBF 300% in three days EV battery company (prices consolidated today after 350% run up yesterday on Big new Sales
Many many more ...volumes are other wordly
So many in last two days have popped 40-50% based on nothing ...just giant volumes and people showing up on chat forums that  have been bag holding from  10 years ago when these went public at like 25 -50 cents... ...
Two other cannibis Sub pennies that are hot thanks to new legislation 
USMJ  up 350% in two days  .0041$
CATV  375% in 3 days  involved in CBD /ADS  .0039$

I've landed a couple good leads from hot penny stocks site. Just so many to choose from and so many are practically sham companies

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

@Great Snow 1717

I find the Redfin estimates to be closer to right than Zillow's.

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Right now, they're all likely too low.  Sale prices of homes has gotten out of control this last 9mo since the pandemic took hold.

Yup. 

Old Capes are selling for $500k++ and then being torn down to put up a 3000+ sq ft monstrosity with no yard. Great time for FTHBs around here. 

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

can't wait for the market crash again.

I’m on the sidelines for now and will be a FTHB. Once the market cools, I’m ready to pounce. I expected to earlier, but I was waiting on a grade increase at work to increase buying power. Also paid off my car and some private student loans while waiting to help with financing too. 

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Right now, they're all likely too low.  Sale prices of homes has gotten out of control this last 9mo since the pandemic took hold.

It's amazing the type of homes selling for 500k+ here in Holliston right now. Almost seems like all the "value" is in the 600-700k range at the moment. You get a little dumpy ranch or Cape similar to my house for 450-525k, but then if you spend 650k, you can get 4 beds and 2500-3000 sq ft.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's amazing the type of homes selling for 500k+ here in Holliston right now. Almost seems like all the "value" is in the 600-700k range at the moment. You get a little dumpy ranch or Cape similar to my house for 450-525k, but then if you spend 650k, you can get 4 beds and 2500-3000 sq ft.

That was the price range inside 128 (Woburn) just 5 years ago. Now, knock downs are 450k, even in once affordable Woburn. 

We've been looking, but it's insane on the S Shore. We don't have a huge reason to move, just one of those cases where if the right thing came along, we'd make a move.  The amount of people wanting to go over, waive inspections, pay cash etc. is nuts. It's also about what you are willing to live by. Chances are, you'll have a much tighter budget moving into another house given the prices. I think there is something to be said about finding a happy medium and being comfortable. Maybe that means you hold off a year or two until it cools.

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

That was the price range inside 128 (Woburn) just 5 years ago. Now, knock downs are 450k, even in once affordable Woburn. 

Yep....128 went totally out of control post-recession....like 2013-2018 the prices all went nuclear. They still are going nuclear, but they went from semi-affordable back in like 2013 or 2014 to completely unaffordable for middle class in that span.

495 belt is doing that right now. We got really lucky on our timing here....when you look at home values around here, they of course rose coming out of the bottom in 2012ish and rose steadily until like 2015, but then plateaued for about 18 months until around the time we bought our house in January 2017. Then in that spring of 2017, things went absolutely bonkers and they haven't stopped. They accelerated during the pandemic. So our place which we bought for 345k, you probably couldn't get for 450 right now.

It's not like we have a big house (as people have seen in my pics), it's a 3 bedroom ranch with a walkout basement....granted, a nice little piece of land just under an acre, but still. This house shouldn't sell for 450-500k. :lol:

Yeah, this current surge is unsustainable.  It'll inevitable come to end when people stop buying properties at these insane levels or we have a market correction.    Rates don't seem to be going up any time soon as there is just so much helicopter money out there propping the economy up.  The scope of the projects we're working on go from small opening up of walls to combine rooms all the way up to tear down new construction homes.  We  actually in the process of eliciting bids to do an addition of our own.  It's too costly to move right now and we have the equity to absorb to cost of a new addition without hurting us financially and we also feel we're going to be here for the foreseeable future.  We also have a pool going in sometime in early June so we can enjoy that.  Can't complain other then the fact that I'm working 7 days a week to the tune of 80 hours, which leaves little time for anything else.