Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

22 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This is perfect, the SEC is investigating the Reddit fan boys over the GameStop fiasco not the giant financial institutions that shorted it.
you can’t make this shit up. Protect the banks at all costs! 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-03/sec-hunts-for-fraud-in-social-media-posts-that-drove-up-gamestop

Not surprising at all.

12 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Good move, you look at the chart? I always look at the technicals before jumping in but thats a good place to put some money right now.

Edit, just looked at the chart, good time to jump in, that's a good stock, one I've had on my radar but don't have much dry powder right now.

Nice... playing with small amounts of money... but bought 100 shares this morning 

10 hours ago, Whineminster said:

@STILL N OF PIKE SNDL looking pretty good! Probably maxes out Friday or sometime next week I bet. 

No clue how the retail  stocks shake out . My opinion was yesterday was just a dead cat bounce 

If you don’t believe it was , then it would be advantageous to buy call options in some of these names again, bc the premiums will be dirt cheap if we fall at open 

One interesting thing is the market has been rallying into A dollar Bounce (strength) last time we had a multi week dollar rise (September) markets fell 3 of 4 weeks 

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/TVC-DXY/

The play was last Friday at close or Monday open was  buying the dip as SP/Dow was at bottom trendline of rising trend line ..i.e critical support 

going long when markets fall to touching critical support has been the most dependable profitable timing strategy by 1000x this last year .

One note to add there was some  damage done last week that some refer to as a bearish engulfing candle on  weekly charts. (last week finished down big) and by THIS Friday it would help if we have a close above 3868 on SPX so last weeks bearish candle is nullified by a nice green weekly candle. If SPX closes beneath 3868 we are setting up for a good chance of a downturn the following week / A downturn would tie together the recent dollar strength with the usual SPX fall (delayed but not denied) 

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SPX/a0MNrOPS-Bearish-engulfing-SPY-weekly/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yikes. Near 50 the day before too. That’s a hellacious cold front. Must have been some upslope on Mansfield. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This is perfect, the SEC is investigating the Reddit fan boys over the GameStop fiasco not the giant financial institutions that shorted it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-03/sec-hunts-for-fraud-in-social-media-posts-that-drove-up-gamestop

The SEC is one of the most captive government organizations out there. It's a complete revolving door between the banking industry and the SEC. Executives at the major banks basically do a tour at the SEC as part of their career path, where of course they grease the skids for the banks the entire time. I see this in DoD, but to a lesser extent. There are many executives from the big defense companies in the Pentagon and Executive Branch. Tons of lobbyists too, of course. 

A lot of folks are totally ignorant that this is going on. There are stories from the 2008 crash of a few maverick gov't lifers at the SEC attempting to confront the big banks over it and basically being intimidated and run out of the meetings. Recall that during the 2008 crash our politicians told us only the whiz kids at the banks that had caused the issue in the first place could possibly "unwind" it without destroying the global economy further, so we needed to give them bags of cash and hope for the best. This exactly how the banks use the government to make themselves "too big to fail."

A large number of ignorant poor Americans believed this and still defend the big banks to this day. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

What a joke.  The kid was on a public board just saying what he thought.  These guys stopped the ability to buy but not sell!!!  The game is rigged. I lost some dough on it but I was prepared to, so whatever! 

11 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

What a joke.  The kid was on a public board just saying what he thought.  These guys stopped the ability to buy but not sell!!!  The game is rigged. I lost some dough on it but I was prepared to, so whatever! 

Large parts of the Internet are totally compromised by corporate interests now. There is no free speech, no rights. It's basically a sci-fi movie dystopia. Folks need to understand that before diving in. Corporations on the Internet can basically do the equivalent of shooting you in broad daylight and nothing will happen to them. Depending on your politics, it may even be cheered and celebrated as a major victory for "progress." Be warned. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Large parts of the Internet are totally compromised by corporate interests now. There is no free speech, no rights. It's basically a sci-fi movie dystopia. Folks need to understand that before diving in. Corporations on the Internet can basically do the equivalent of shooting you in broad daylight and nothing will happen to them. Depending on your politics, it may even be cheered and celebrated as a major victory for "progress." Be warned. 

What you say is true and you have to know that if you want to make your profits, there's ways around it.

10 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Sounds a little like 2/2/1976 in Maine, when CAR went from RA+ and 49 to -7 with 50+ gusts in about 8 hours.  Of course, the infrastructure was a bit better by then; the only near-fatality was the woman caught by the Kenduskeag Stream flood (actually a tidal bore that raised the water 15' in 15 minutes) and had a rescuer swim out to where she was sitting atop her rapidly sinking car.
Also liked the reference to 1857.  I've read that NYC had a day that January that failed to get up to zero.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whineminster said:

What he did- being a registered broker and working for mass mutual, while posting stock picks on the internet is what the SEC is looking at. He prob will and should lose his license, and I wouldn’t be shocked if the CFA did something as well. The rules around this are very stringent. Historically I’ve had to upload my personal accounts to a company platform for real time monitoring, clear trades internally before executing, been barred from owning anything but index funds or combination of all of the above. These rules are taken very seriously by the SEC and any financial company’s HR dept. He’s basically untouchable from a hiring perspective- not that he cares anymore.

• Like 1