• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

I've got to get onboard with after hours trading. Waiting till 930am to trade is dumb. But, I find any trading during work very distractive and makes me feel a. bit guilty when I know I should be doing real work. Especially when a stock your holding is going ballistic and you let out a muffled cheer fist pump in your cube. People around me are probably thinking what's going on over there

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I state this to all my fellow forum posters. 

Starting three years ago my health has deteriorated. It all started with my legs swelling followed by my podiatrist diagnosing an ulser on my right big toe. It hurt like a son-of-a-gun. Turned out it was a circulation problem. Within a month I had open heart surgery with clots riddled throughout. I lost about 80lbs. with the worst still to come. Put on dozens of scripts, doctor appointments up the yahoozy.

My last visit to the hospital resulted in complete blockage,  medflighted from one hospital to another. Dropped down to 130lbs. The pain was undesirable. DVT throbbing is something I wouldn't wish upon anyone. 

I'm back home and now able to drive and maintain some semblance of normalcy.

Ones health is so important. My past caught up to me...

A snow storm seems so insignificant. Take care one and all enjoy the storm whatever it brings.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Starting three years ago my health has deteriorated. It all started with my legs swelling followed by my podiatrist diagnosing an ulser on my right big toe. It hurt like a son-of-a-gun. Turned out it was a circulation problem. Within a month I had open heart surgery with clots riddled throughout. I lost about 80lbs. with the worst still to come. Put on dozens of scripts, doctor appointments up the yahoozy.

My last visit to the hospital resulted in complete blockage,  medflighted from one hospital to another. Dropped down to 130lbs. The pain was undesirable. DVT throbbing is something I wouldn't wish upon anyone. 

A snow storm seems so insignificant. Take care one and all enjoy the storm whatever it brings.

Glad your health has stabilized.  Those things Put things into a new  perspective very fast. I'm hoping you can enjoy many many more years with stable health.  Don, i gotta say i did chuckle when i saw you put your elevation in your location info. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

:hug:

Markets at Key support levels , they are scraping the bottom support line  of a rising  channel of  multi month trends. Particularly DOW and SP .  Every dang time we've been in a position like this markets have bounced hence the very profitable motto this year "BTFD" buy the f'n dip.  The retail stock GME madness may be the thing playing into the fall so we shall see how that shakes out and if that has the ability to shake this unshakable market.

The video i linked above goes into good detail about some of the dangers in the current market or "fragilities" such as Record Margin debt (leveraged bets that stocks will go up over the broad market and how that has been a growing to historic levels  and how that can be unwound fast when prices begin to fall . But this last year it's been magic how markets always bounce at these key support levels so we shall seeeee 

Margin debt charts and SP 500 performance history 

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/2021/01/22/margin-debt-and-the-market-up-7-7-in-december-another-record-high

Things have been different "this time" so far w a record amount of help from  fed policy and fiscal spending and belief that those pillars  will be stepped up if needed , and that "that" would work .

30 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

what you using to buy pre-market? 

Any brokerage you apply for and you say you have experience trading...can't speak for RH but nobody should be in that one anymore, they have serious liquidity issues and will block and stocks that seem volatile

AMC up 25% pre market

And indexes themselves look to open green as stimulus talks begin 

NAKD up 7%

EXPR another cheapy that can run

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Any brokerage you apply for and you say you have experience trading...can't speak for RH but nobody should be in that one anymore, they have serious liquidity issues and will block and stocks that seem volatile

AMC up 25% pre market

And indexes themselves look to open green as stimulus talks begin 

NAKD up 7%

Yeah I'm moving over to Fidelity from RH.  I cashed out my crypto from RH, but I'm not too worried about the stocks as they'll just be transferred to a new brokerage if they go belly up.  Adding money to Fidelity but it just takes a while for the $$ to clear from my bank to the brokerage account.  

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah I'm moving over to Fidelity from RH.  I cashed out my crypto from RH, but I'm not too worried about the stocks as they'll just be transferred to a new brokerage if they go belly up.  Adding money to Fidelity but it just takes a while for the $$ to clear from my bank to the brokerage account.  

Fidelity is awesome.  They never restricted anything. 

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

SRG is a interesting play as well

39% short  and 39% of public float is 13.26 Million shares.  Average volume is 1 million. That gives a very long squeeze should shorts need to cover. 13-1 ratio. 

Don't mind a couple OTM calls there. Next Option expiration date for SRG is 2/19

I bought SIRI

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I bought SIRI

The other thing with SIRI and some Satellite stocks, Cathy wood the manager of ARK funds...is opening a new ARKX ETF this quarter. ARKX is Space ETF....if SIRI is incorporated into that space ETF or really any stock that is, it should rise quite nicely.  Her funds attract the most money (mulit billions) within weeks of launching them. She has the "hot hand" right now and when that money flows into ARKX ETF any stock that makes up it's holdings should rise quite nicely. 

SPCE was one that already moved due to that belief it will be added. 

NPA is another that is at a nice entry price right now it's a SPAC that is taking a very innovative space company and satellite company public and is a candidate for ARKX ETF inclusion.

• Like 1