Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I was just woken up my a mouse jumping up on my bed and I don’t know what to do :yikes: 

I wont be able to go back to bed and it’s still too early 

That suuuuucks... It’s looking for water and food.  Can’t imagine you will sleep but the thing to do today is go get a few traps and put them near water pipes and under cabinets.  Get a baited enclosed ones or a pack of the simple ones with a tube of bait.  It will draw them there instead of your bed.  They work but sucks to clean up.  All other solutions are questionable and poison is effective but nasty.... dies in the walls usually which also suuucks.  Good luck.  

7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Precious metals are a perennial potential moonshot but also the biggest threat to the global, fiat currency, financial house of cards.  Cryptos are trying to take their place but let's be clear, if gold and especially silver, shot up like GameStop or AMC it is party over to Global financial systems as we know them.   I'm a little torn about cheering that scenario on because a lot of hurt would occur to a lot of people in the short term.

Central banks and endless printing are the greatest threat to fiat currencies. My two cents, for what little they're worth, is that we will face another period like last February/March at some point, during which precious metals will be just another source of liquidity. Then will be the time to buy.

Looking at next week ,that is a ugly Red candle on the weekly Indexes . 

AMC seems to be the best shot to be run up to the moon. Has better volume than BB, BBBY. Huge short interest and is very affordable (under 20$) some others may pop up as well? 

Also , no doubt some huge hedge funds  are piling on top of WSB’s moves  

AMC seems to be the best shot to be run up to the moon. Has better volume than BB, BBBY. Huge short interest and is very affordable (under 20$) some others may pop up as well? 

Wondering if I should dump GNUS and put into amc

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Bought $fubo for a lottery 

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Precious metals are a perennial potential moonshot but also the biggest threat to the global, fiat currency, financial house of cards.  Cryptos are trying to take their place but let's be clear, if gold and especially silver, shot up like GameStop or AMC it is party over to Global financial systems as we know them.   I'm a little torn about cheering that scenario on because a lot of hurt would occur to a lot of people in the short term.

Not cheering but if its going to happen might as well profit. In the early 2000's I made a killing but they held things together, knowing when to get out is key.

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Been a lot of misinfo being posted about AMC on WSB that has been called out. I have some AMC that was more an impulse buy and am not really expecting a moon shot with it. Nothing will compare to GME so I'm riding what few of those I have.

33 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Been a lot of misinfo being posted about AMC on WSB that has been called out. I have some AMC that was more an impulse buy and am not really expecting a moon shot with it. Nothing will compare to GME so I'm riding what few of those I have.

I set a limit order to sell for AMC to recoup some of my losses last week. Hope it hits next week. Holding my NOK as that looks like a decent long term hold. 

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

F'n robinhood won't even let me buy silver because I already have 2 shares what a joke lol

Anyone using Robinhood should absolutely close their accounts.  So many people are leaving that sight and pulling money out....they had to tap a billion line of credit to give their middle man to clear (pay) the huge trades that we in the money. They Have 36 stocks on a list that you can't own more than one share...they are doing that because they are going to go under and can't pay out if any of those run up big....i could be wrong but that smells like the answer since they are doing this unilaterally so far, they  are financially looking crippled . 

TD Ameritrade Restricted options buying on the day of expiration, it will be very interesting to me to see if can buy options for next week (on Monday) in those retail names.  

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone using Robinhood should absolutely close their accounts.  So many people are leaving that sight and pulling money out....they had to tap a billion line of credit to give their middle man to clear (pay) the huge trades that we in the money. They Have 36 stocks on a list that you can't own more than one share...they are doing that because they are going to go under and are financially looking crippled IMO.  

Yeah but what can I go to? It's a production to get a new brokerage.  TDA?

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah but what can I go to? It's a production to get a new brokerage.  TDA?

TDA was zero production for me. ZIP . Did it in a a few minutes...link a Bank account and you are approved in a hour. Say you have traded options for a year or two to get that clearance (it's nice to have) and say you have some experience to make sure they let you buy stocks before the official 930 bell and After hours as well (4-8pm)

I don't like that they restricted my options buying on Friday thou. 

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

TDA was zero production for me. ZIP . Did it in a a few minutes...link a Bank account and you are approved in a hour. Say you have traded options for a year or two to get that clearance (it's nice to have) and say you have some experience to make sure they let you buy stocks before the official 930 bell and After hours as well (4-8pm)

I don't like that they restricted my options buying on Friday thou. 

Guess I'll have to sell out my crypto on RH since you can't transfer direct to coinbase, which wouldn't be the worst thing since it's quite high.  Ugh now you got me all nervous!!! Lol. 

WSB is pretty dayum clear what they are doing next week. If you trust the "mods". 

They are focusing on 2 stocks,   AMC/GME.    They decided that folks were spreading themselves too thin with volume on BB/BBBY/NAKD/NOK.   They want all that volume into AMC/GME. That is what i'm getting from them. They are also  convincing folks to cancelling any sell orders....so your money went up 5x  (don't sell) it's going higher (so it's up 10X) don't sell ...going higher. 

I will say...Nobody "knows" what AMC can go do to and based on what GME did (x 20+)  i would certainly say don't see the bar that low....maybe the FED reserve comes in w investment banks and promises to back stop their losses and drives these stocks into dust. to protect (the broader market from instability).. who knows.

I have been sifting thru what WSB has been posting and then looking at the option volume on various retail stocks even in addition to GME/AMC because i have a feeling the folks who start these trends are buying huge amounts of Out the money calls a bit ahead of them announcing to their minions what NEXT  to buy (so they buy cheaper before the very steep option premiums arrive -that you see once a stock runs) . 

The prices for the "also ran" Retail stocks are so much cheaper for next week. SO i'm watching  call volume changes starting Monday.  Premiums for some retailers were extremely high Wed/Thur when all the retail names were going up, but now after a day and a half of going down...the options premiums for next week fell several hundred percent. I would guess that since the bulls didn't have quite enough fire power focused on BB (99 Million volume)  that the shorts built a even bigger position that would give this stock even more position to run but the total short position isn't quite that good. The shorts may be more nervous than usual. I could see a Situ where GME/AMC rise so furious next week, that WSB folks made a decision to aim for just ONE additional stock as well and right now all other premiums are pretty cheap (with exception of EXPR)

• Like 1

I bailed on Robinhood last week and transferred over. Only $75 to do it and I will sleep better. 

@STILL N OF PIKE, agreed a lot more people discussing putting it all in on those two and forgetting about BB and NOK for now. Plus people transferring from Robinhood and others may allow for a lot more buying. Then there are people taking out video billboard ads in Time Square to "Hold GME", next week is going to be madness.  SLV seems to be their hot "long" topic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

I bailed on Robinhood last week and transferred over. Only $75 to do it and I will sleep better. 

@STILL N OF PIKE, agreed a lot more people discussing putting it all in on those two and forgetting about BB and NOK for now. Plus people transferring from Robinhood and others may allow for a lot more buying. Then there are people taking out video billboard ads in Time Square to "Hold GME", next week is going to be madness.  SLV seems to be their hot "long" topic. 

The volume on SLV( traded) Quadrupled Thur/Fri compared to prior