Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

56 minutes ago, amarshall said:

JPM Price target $295.   No way. 

JnJ efficacy just released looks like crap now comparatively. 66% however they should be fine bc that was originally just a 1 dose shot 

They will need to become a 2 shot vaccine to meet new raised bar of efficacy 

Moderna shot up huge on poor Jnj efficacy 

1 hour ago, Supernovice said:

Those results from JnJ are about as good as one could expect. Great day for the world.

In other news, today we go to the moon. Lol

I would not say 66% is as good as one could anticipate , they were aiming for 80% 

But they did have a very diverse age group and many with high co-morbidity  

Eye of the beholder I guess...85% against severe disease and 100% against death. Single dose. No cold storage.

My opinion is that this is a great day for the less developed world in particular. If you told me a year ago we’d be in this spot re:vaccines I would have taken it and ran. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Eye of the beholder I guess...85% against severe disease and 100% against death. Single dose. No cold storage.

My opinion is that this is a great day for the less developed world in particular. If you told me a year ago we’d be in this spot re:vaccines I would have taken it and ran. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I agree overall when you dig deeper into their data. 66% is solid especially with taking into account all their data breakdowns , and if for some reason this wasn’t good enough , they could go to two shot and grr higher efficacy I suppose . I do want to see this reported favorably given how it will shipped world wide in huge numbers 

• Like 1

Feeling very strongly that GME at 310 now finishes day below 200, maybe near 125. It is roll of dice (obviously ) just can’t see avoiding a late powerful sell off 

and I would guess broader market will rally should GME fall today and travel / reopening stocks may soar anyway 

very good vaccine news makes those stocks extremely attractive currently 

love BKNG calls next week 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/stoolpresidente

Portnoy , building populist angst w a good rant video based. Calling for Jail sentences for many prominent parties . Robinhood tapped  a few billion in credit lines yesterday , they were planning to go public this year . Irony .. Portnoy argues that Robinhood protected the wealthy and stole from the poor yesterday And this angle will become contagious.

I don't think we've seen the last of the WSBs.  This is going to get big IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Feeling very strongly that GME at 310 now finishes day below 200, maybe near 125. It is roll of dice (obviously ) just can’t see avoiding a late powerful sell off 

and I would guess broader market will rally should GME fall today and travel / reopening stocks may soar anyway 

very good vaccine news makes those stocks extremely attractive currently 

love BKNG calls next week 

GME 350 .now 335....I still see this have a bit of a melt down over last hour or two today ... Only because it's options expiration Friday and all those holding 1000-5000% options gains at current levels will get spooked fast if things fall a little .  Its amazing on a friday how fast someone can go up 500% on an option to losing it all and this could fall to 300 to 200 in 5 mins .  Should be fun...looks like unless the S.E.C enacts bigger changes this weekend ....retail stocks will probably run again next week (unless GME closes near 100 or so) 

Funny that on a day of very good vaccine news the market fell into the toilet again...just like the other day when retail stocks had wild speculation

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anyone have any good stay and play packages for golf in the New England area? My buddies and I are looking to book for the summer and don’t feel like going down south to Myrtle beach or something 

Red jacket down in Dennis? I think it’s Dennis has a good one. It’s a par 3 course but in excellent shape and very challenging. Also a great jumping off point to play wherever you want on the cape. I did that for a few yrs w my dad...lessons in the morning, all you can play after that. Felt like I was on tour.

sunday river is also great- love that course. Although getting up there is annoying. And I think you’re married to that course if you go up there, although others may know the bethel area better than I.

Don’t want to distract too much about stock prices and that sort. I’ve never had the kind of money to really play that stuff.

But I couldn’t help notice how dead the Western US section of americanwx is. Like they get cool storms out there just as well. 

what gives? Does it need to be broken up into smaller sections? Do westerners use something else to chat?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, amarshall said:

4k% overall. My second greatest win other than my 1 share of TSLA I bought my son for Christmas Dec 2013 at $21

27e94f06bc315420a421d6b878443c4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

well congrats! I purchased Tesla first week on so in march 2020, I got it at $601.00 per share I bought 30 shares, just an fyi, they had a 5 for 1 split issued last fall, so for every share you now have 5.  I am a long term holder, however , went it went to 900.00 per share after the split, I was tempted to unload........hold tight( my two cents)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supernovice said:

Red jacket down in Dennis? I think it’s Dennis has a good one. It’s a par 3 course but in excellent shape and very challenging. Also a great jumping off point to play wherever you want on the cape. I did that for a few yrs w my dad...lessons in the morning, all you can play after that. Felt like I was on tour.

sunday river is also great- love that course. Although getting up there is annoying. And I think you’re married to that course if you go up there, although others may know the bethel area better than I.

And when you woke you realized it was a dream and you weren’t on the tour , instead playing mini golf with dad 

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Pop density in Nh is a wee bit different

IN Manchester where I eat my weekly sushi  it’s a city and that downtown is hopping  . I very much have enjoyed the normalcy of dining. Nashua a bit less and similar to like a Burlington Mass. (Heavy retail area)

North of Concord there is not a dentist to be found 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

NYC has over 8 times the population density of Manchester.    Not that I think the indoor dining prohibition is right.  But hardly equivalent

Fair enough , I mean broader point is Manchester *downtown* is busy as all heck . Busier than Mass except Boston (Which is 25% capacity ) . But yes NYC is a ZOO, thou many of the wealthy left for second homes 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Fair enough , I mean broader point is Manchester *downtown* is busy as all heck . Busier than Mass except Boston (Which is 25% capacity ) . But yes NYC is a ZOO, thou many of the wealthy left for second homes 

I have never dined in the Queen City. Any recommendations?

I just love this winter, we cannot get a few inches of arctic sand, nope, we got a dusting of arctic blowing sand.  And its cold as heck here and we have no benefit of a significant snowfall.  Nope and now Monday and Tuesday looks like an occluded mess of a system that rains on Cape Cod with a temperature of 45F.  Man this winter is filled with bad outcomes and yet I am one inch from last year's total, 9.5" (8.5" YTD)

31 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Peter Luger steakhouse or Keens if you want meat. Dominicks or Robertos if you like Italian, those are my favorite spots. Should add Lugers only serves porterhouse, which in my favorite but Keens has more options.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not really . I don’t have much knowledge of that city .  Here’s why ...I was never a big fan of Manchester dining itself until I got into Sushi and by “into it “ I found a new restaurant there with  fresh made to order “All you can eat “ Sushi  option. I go there once a week for lunch and another time for dinner lol. I grab about 125$ worth of sushi for 29$ (dinner)

Otherwise I find Manchester more of a date scene to grab a drink or a younger scene (bars).  I just go for sushi but i love the non Covid vibe there (these days ) . Ya you throw a mask on when you walk in , then dinner as usual .

• Like 1