• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

As far as opportunities Friday , GME is still 200, If it opens higher ..I would be hard pressed not to take a few fliers on cheap OTM puts for close . All the hold the line talk is great , but when options expire Friday at 4pm many will be heading for the exits at the first indication of falling prices . 

It’s one thing  to say hold the line on a Wednesday or when you don’t have a ton of money tied into GME ..but come Friday ..if this stock is able to go up early in day ..it will be primed to take out a couple hour OTM put .

hypothetical example of what I mean .I could see this open at 175 ..push to 200 thru noon and then fall fast to 75 as everyone with call options (expiring this Friday - in the money ) heads for exits . At noon the price of 120$ strike puts would probably be very cheap ..maybe 100$ Or less and if it fell to 75 at close . That would net you 4K per put contract 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

How do you feel about that?

edit: Not getting political I was just checking in to see if you’re comfortable with it.

I am fine with it.  My wife has had kids in her classes off and on for a while.  Remote teaching is incredibly hard. Remote learning for some kids is a disaster.  Hybrid isn’t great but at least it is something.    I do miss doing hands in labs with the kids.  I wanna blow up some hydrogen!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I am fine with it.  My wife has had kids in her classes off and on for a while.  Remote teaching is incredibly hard. Remote learning for some kids is a disaster.  Hybrid isn’t great but at least it is something.    I do miss doing hands in labs with the kids.  I wanna blow up some hydrogen!!!

You monster!

1104714095_iu-6copy.thumb.jpg.d9daccdd38c326fa80f855dcf088f8a3.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Is her district in classrooms full time?  It's crazy that Greenfield has not even mentioned a plan to get kids back to school. 

Duxbury is back to 4 days a week on Monday. We are psyched.  5% have opted to keep their kids home. They make up 2 camps. A. They are sitting at their house in Stowe B. Actually scared

30 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Duxbury is back to 4 days a week on Monday. We are psyched.  5% have opted to keep their kids home. They make up 2 camps. A. They are sitting at their house in Stowe B. Actually scared

Wow.  In my school over a third of the families have requested to keep their kids at home full time.  And that was before the return decision was made... not sure how that might change.

Oh well... the oysters need to be shucked!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wow.  In my school over a third of the families have requested to keep their kids at home full time.  And that was before the return decision was made... not sure how that might change.

Yeah I’d say Weymouth is that way too. Maybe even a tad more. But, it’s a larger community. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Same basic ratio here 70/30 - 60/40.  We wanted to send our son in.  He has been full time since Sept 15th, with a one week remote week after Christmas break.  So glad we sent him in.  He's thriving in school with the small class size. 

We have had the whole 5th grade class home twice, the 4th grade class home twice and the 2nd grade class home once, because one the kids was exposed outside of school.  So as a precaution, the whole grade would stay home.   No transmission in school tho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

I wouldn't want to be holding over the weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Read the last two paragraphs 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/peterffy-calls-robinhood-decision-to-allow-limited-buys-of-gamestop-troubling-im-not-comfortable-11611876619?mod=home-page

Its a balancing act between saying “NBD” to not add to the potential of broad instability ..and raising awareness Of the dangers 

(if the article is pay walled ) it just highlights how many huge shorts Are deep in red and how trading platforms won’t be able to collect and can default on winning position payouts and the domino effect To maybe even regular accounts held .

https://mobile.twitter.com/stoolpresidente

Portnoy , building populist angst w a good rant video based. Calling for Jail sentences for many prominent parties . Robinhood tapped  a few billion in credit lines yesterday , they were planning to go public this year . Irony .. Portnoy argues that Robinhood protected the wealthy and stole from the poor yesterday And this angle will become contagious.