Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

1 hour ago, Supernovice said:

This is making its way through my circle this weekend

Really very interesting re: tethers impact on the overall crypto market- yikes.

https://crypto-anonymous-2021.medium.com/the-bit-short-inside-cryptos-doomsday-machine-f8dcf78a64d3

Depends how much stake the big institutions like Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan have in the crypto market.  The SEC it’s pretty corrupt so I’m sure the big boys could lobby them to hold off on the tether lawsuit until they’ve made the money they want to make an unwind their positions.  
After all, the SEC let JP Morgan manipulate the price of silver for years.

Just now, Whineminster said:

Mods contributing to cancel culture.  Hate to see it. 

No one is saying cancel culture, the mods can do whatever they want. it is literally their website.

What brought me to actually post was seeing some posters regularly troll and misinform and not get called out, like whatsoever. if that doesn't happen then fine. i have literally nothing to add on the weather side- just follow the experts here- who are very good. That's fine by me.

10 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

You people are insane. This is a weather forum. 5 years ago 90% of the posts on here were about the weather and actually provided value. Now 99% of the posts in here are useless. Go fight with the weenies on twitter if you want to bicker.

6 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Wife noticed a flower in bloom this morning in our yard. No clue on what type. I dont know that stuff.

LOL what a sequence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I appreciate  all the long range forecasts.

I am really stressed out right now. I'm currently looking for a 2 family house which will cost 800k+ and looking to get married.

Having some snow will ease the stress.

I'm basically  planning everything right now by myself since her family doesn't have alot of money or  know alot about homes.

I wish my dad was still around to help me

He passed away 9 years ago of pancreatic cancer at 52 years old. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I am really stressed out right now. I'm currently looking for a 2 family house which will cost 800k+ and looking to get married.

I'm basically  planning everything right now by myself since her family doesn't have alot of money or  know alot about homes.

Why are you staying in NYC? I know it can be hard to leave the place you know, but you are going to severely limit your career potential and bank account there. Your 800k would go massively further just about anywhere else. You could have bought this house in Randolph for that...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

1) Get a real estate agent. Since you are the buyer....you don't pay them. The Seller does. 

2) For your wedding.....yeah weddings are a lot. 1st piece of advice I can offer is that you should plan for an extra few thousand that you didn't think of during final 2 months before big day.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Why are you staying in NYC? I know it can be hard to leave the place you know, but you are going to severely limit your career potential and bank account there. Your 800k would go massively further just about anywhere else. You could have bought this house in Randolph for that...

It is disgusting how expensive it is to live in NYC

If we don't start getting any snow soon...oof. So much edginess and tension. 

I gotta say...the mods in this subforum do a pretty damn good job. It's not easy for them given the volume and traffic that goes on here. They also are extremely lenient with letting things slide and with alot of the OT stuff. The issue isn't with the moderators and censorship" the issues lies in the fact that you have adults (who are supposedly quite educated) who can't act like adults and have to resort to childish behavior. There is very little in the way of expecting other's opinions with name calling being resorted to. I'm sure they are just as upset about not allowing some of the talk (particularly with COVID) but some just can't act civil. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

He wouldn’t be making enough to afford half that house working for the Coos County sheriff. There is the federal prison in Berlin though. Corrections is a different world than police work though. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

100x better than Jordan's? damn I'm going to have to make it a priority.

Is it a hit piece tho? read that somewhere, who knows where.

I haven’t seen it but I think  the “hit piece” narrative came from Tiger’s reps. I read a review that said it’s good but different from the Jordan one. Of course it would be without Tiger’s input. 

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I haven’t seen it but I think  the “hit piece” narrative came from Tiger’s reps. I read a review that said it’s good but different from the Jordan one. Of course it would be without Tiger’s input. 

ya good points all around. i'll def be giving it a watch.