Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We should just get rid of the banter thread all together at this point. Everything is constantly deleted. It would be a lot easier

It's not that big of a deal. Get a grip.

The Mid Atlantic mods tried the heavy handed approach by banning all banter. The stuff just starts appearing in the weather threads instead. This thread is like a crazy house to keep all the nutty thoughts contained. No one is forced to read it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We should just get rid of the banter thread all together at this point. Everything is constantly deleted. It would be a lot easier

We’ve allowed people to try and post about covid literally like 5 different times in this subforum before intervening after it devolves. 

At this point it’s like an abusive relationship. Time to cut ties rather than thinking “this time it will work!”.

We have been by far the most lenient. 

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's not that big of a deal. Get a grip.

The Mid Atlantic mods tried the heavy handed approach by banning all banter. The stuff just starts appearing in the weather threads instead. This thread is like a crazy house to keep all the nutty thoughts contained. No one is forced to read it.

Yea, I'm in the Atlantic forum and it sucks. I follow this forum because I ski in Vermont -- so I follow PF and others reports in the NNE winter thread.

The mods in the mid-atlantic sub are so high strung. If you even barely whisper something the don't like you get points or something to your username. It's over the top. The new England forum has always been (for years) way better and also a place where you can go a little off topic, and it's funny to read sometimes. Like I think Damage of Tolland is hilarious. He's the new England "Ji"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I’m with Will.  These threads have strayed from their initial intent, which was to post non specific weather related info.

Honestly the actual weather threads are non-specific weather related info. Only "weather" threads are the specific storm threat threads at this point.

8 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Honestly the actual weather threads are non-specific weather related info. Only "weather" threads are the specific storm threat threads at this point.

I’m speaking to specific threats.  Where should you post day to day temperatures, and other non threat specific observations?

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

Sure...day to day temperatures are fine. But there's 10 pages of "Beer!", "Thank god for IPAs" and "Drunk?" in monthly weather threads.

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

And yet there are 160 pages in the January weather thread.

You got time to moderate 24/7?  I don’t.  

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

GB us gonna smoke either one of these teams next week (i think).

Ya I mean did you see the fox weather graphic?...next Sunday in GB temps- high 20’s, chance of snow, and Tampa is used to the warm weather.

sarcasm on both counts- both the wonderful 7 day forecast and warm weather team comments.

4 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Ya I mean did you see the fox weather graphic?...next Sunday in GB temps- high 20’s, chance of snow, and Tampa is used to the warm weather.

sarcasm on both counts- both the wonderful 7 day forecast and warm weather team comments.

Tom Brady is not gonna care what the weather shows. This will be #14 Conference Championship game in his 19 seasons he’s played.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Tom Brady is not gonna care what the weather shows. This will be #14 Conference Championship game in his 19 seasons he’s played.

I was joking- a 7 day forecast for GB in January of high 20’s and a chance of snow is pretty funny...I mean c’mon.

Same about TB, did you see Erin Andrews ask him about his recently thinned blood and playing in the cold in the postgame interview? I mean c’mon he’s the GOAT.

my jokes aren’t as funny when I have to explain them.

• Haha 1