Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Is he in a facility?  Or in another state? 

God no. He lives alone on the beach in Wilmington NC. Just finished contracting his own house and plumbed it himself. He’s a retired building contractor, plumber by trade. Had both knees replaced in the last 4 years, travels in his motor home. He’s healthy and strong as an ox. Hope to keep it that way. His wife died 2 years ago with dementia. She was 78.

NC has all their facilities done and moved on to 75 and above.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

God no. He lives alone on the beach in Wilmington NC. Just finished contracting his own house and plumbed it himself. He’s a retired building contractor, plumber by trade. Had both knees replaced in the last 4 years, travels in his motor home. He’s healthy and strong as an ox. Hope to keep it that way.

NC has all their facilities done and moved on to 75 and above.

Oh. I see.  I figured he must be in another state. Makes sense.    I really need my wife’s mother to get it. 89. Some health issues.       

Cumberland County here in Maine is still "code yellow," which means no school sports for at least another two weeks - not even something like swimming, where there's no close contact and you're saturated in chlorine. But I can turn on my TV and see people playing football, basketball and hockey all around the country - not to mention club sports here. My high school senior lost all of last spring, and is on track to lose his entire senior year of activities. He worked his butt off to earn a captaincy for this season and probably won't get to compete. I have yet to see any evidence of school-sports-related transmission in my area, and my general understanding is that it's been minimal everywhere. I've generally been in favor of caution, but it just feels absurd at this point.
Mills....

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Do google search. Lots of networks reporting on it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

seems most of the folks where very frail already, any shock to their system would not be good, thus what seems to have happened, most of the population will be fine, already vaccinated over 10M in the US, minimal side effects reported.

12 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

seems most of the folks where very frail already, any shock to their system would not be good, thus what seems to have happened, most of the population will be fine, already vaccinated over 10M in the US, minimal side effects reported.

Why are we giving such frail people doses of a scarce vaccine? 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just found it on the CT Covid sight  Residents who are 75 and older (approximately 277,000 individuals, 20K in nursing homes already done

Ah ok. Must be a lot of folks in the 65-74 range then. 257k to go. Doesn’t seem like a lot to do lol. Is it first come first serve to get an appt?

4 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Took a temp job with Amazon. Really enjoy it believe it or not. Covid safety has been impressive. Barely come in contact with other people and it's all very efficiently operated. I kinda assumed It might be a sh*t show but it's not. 

DS or FC?  I'm an LA at DDC3... started in May.  Work 25 to 30 hours a week... mainly Sat to Wed 5pm to 10pm.  Picked it up because I got bored having to stay at home lol.  Original job was working as an office admin at a private school.  Still go in once in a while, but can do much of it from home right now