Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

26 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I keep convincing myself that Fauci was just obfuscating and  using that number to poo poo the Results instead of just embarrass Oxford and Highlight /mention the REAL reason the results were disappointing and how they fiddled and diddled with the numbers and dosages to show something “good”. Bc otherwise , nobody is gonna have 95% effficacy

Regarding JnJ and some likely good results (as long as Facui doesn’t think 75-85% is not good enough lol ) I just was reading it will be April until they get shots in people’s arms 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/.amp/investing/johnson-johnson-jnj-one-shot-covid-19-vaccine-delayed

I realized production was messed up, but I didn’t realize how royally messed up it is, how don’t you have at least some vaccine prepared should this be green lighted in less than a month . They were suppose to have 60 million dosages out by End of April . They are two months behind that at least.

What in the helll is wrong with these companies or was the original time frame just that much of a incompetent lie ?

J&J's isn't as easy to manufacture as the mRNA vaccines.

Don't be too hard on them. Drug manufacturing is difficult. When a new drug is anticipated to be approved, there are months to years to get the manufacturing up to speed when its finally approved. There's a lot of QA/QC involved. This "warp speed" science does have limits. It wasn't a "lie", it was a best guess and sometimes they get it wrong.

13 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

J&J's isn't as easy to manufacture as the mRNA vaccines.

Don't be too hard on them. Drug manufacturing is difficult. When a new drug is anticipated to be approved, there are months to years to get the manufacturing up to speed when its finally approved. There's a lot of QA/QC involved. This "warp speed" science does have limits. It wasn't a "lie", it was a best guess and sometimes they get it wrong.

I do agree with you about being too hard on them...you are right there it's just disappointing .  I disagree about it being best guess re; the timeline..it was most optimistic time line given ALL goes well which was unrealistic. There was a Stat article which suggested this about 2 months ago.

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I do agree with you about being too hard on them...you are right there it's just disappointing .  I disagree about it being best guess re; the timeline..it was most optimistic time line given ALL goes well which was unrealistic. There was a Stat article which suggested this about 2 months ago.

IDK, I saw in one article about the April delay, then another one said, still in track for release next month.

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

They didn't validate shit. It's all still EUA. Any validation done so far says Ct values >32-33 aren't infectious. Nothing's standardized. The rapid tests false negative rate is being compared to the PCR tests that are called positive at anything less than 40. Total BS. IMO, if you're negative off the rapid test, you're not infectious. That needs to be validated against viral replication assays, badly, and not PCR.   

Why don't they just use the rapid test then? Not enough supply, too costly, something else?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Why don't they just use the rapid test then? Not enough supply, too costly, something else?

Don’t want folks to let guard down ?..those changes would lead to a significant decrease in daily positives . That may seem silly to folks but I don’t think it is . They are already having folks with Covid fatigue and the vaccine launch is huge. Seems like 2 giant flags against making any changes in testing policy that wound lead to a drop in daily positive case reports if goal is to have folks masking more and getting almost all vaccinated.

18 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The production and manufacturing for JnJ is backed by two months anyway you slice and dice it 

I must have heard wrong.  I thougght they were in good shape.

In any case, it looks like the feds goofed with the "reserve" batch of vaccines that were supposed to be released

56 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Incompetency. Someone at the NIH should be all over this.

And...testing asymptomatic people on a routine basis with an overly sensitive PCR test is bad medicine. You could get 1000 random heathy, asymptomatic people off the street in Boston, do a nose swab and find any number of virus RNA's/DNA's if you had the right primer and probes. 

You probably come into contact with the measles once in awhile. You don't get it because you're vaccinated. But if you happen to do a PCR test when you are exposed, it'll pop positive. Are we testing healthy, asymptomatic people everyday for flu, mumps, polio, measles, etc by PCR? NOOOOOO. So why are we testing asymptomatic, healthy people for covid? Because people have been told that healthy, asymptomatic people are spreading a respiratory virus around infecting others. Maybe this is the first respiratory virus known to man that infects humans, replicates in your respiratory tract with a high enough viral load to infect others at an R0 of 2 or higher, and you are healthy enough to run a marathon and not know you're sick. I doubt it.

The PCR test is the worst thing that was conceived for this whole mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Incompetency. Someone at the NIH should be all over this.

And...testing asymptomatic people on a routine basis with an overly sensitive PCR test is bad medicine. You could get 1000 random heathy, asymptomatic people off the street in Boston, do a nose swab and find any number of virus RNA's/DNA's if you had the right primer and probes. 

You probably come into contact with the measles once in awhile. You don't get it because you're vaccinated. But if you happen to do a PCR test when you are exposed, it'll pop positive. Are we testing healthy, asymptomatic people everyday for flu, mumps, polio, measles, etc by PCR? NOOOOOO. So why are we testing asymptomatic, healthy people for covid? Because people have been told that healthy, asymptomatic people are spreading a respiratory virus around infecting others. Maybe this is the first respiratory virus known to man that infects humans, replicates in your respiratory tract with a high enough viral load to infect others at an R0 of 2 or higher, and you are healthy enough to run a marathon and not know you're sick. I doubt it.

The PCR test is the worst thing that was conceived for this whole mess.

. Fauci has spoken about a Cutoff of 34 revolutions on the test and anything else lacking the viral load to transmit but Fauci is also hell bent on overpreparing for our safety , so more revolutions leads to higher numbers ..which leads to over preparing and not the public letting its guard down if there was some policy change that led to 15%? less daily positives.

Everyone in the world is wearing a mask . Everyone is about to be vaccinated and likely need a vaccine passport. We are over preparing as a plan. So  what are monetary reasons to change the plan...and vice versa.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

i didn't realize you had 1100' elevation. Are you looking at 3-6"

That would be roughly my guess here--I'm also tucked in close on the Western slopes, so not as ideal as 1100' on the eastern side.  Would say less than 3-6 for DDH up through RUT below 1K in the valley.   

If we believe China's COVID numbers and their explanation of the origin of the virus, do we believe this too?

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202101/1212915.shtml#.YAH4cOM0a0Q.twitter

Chinese health experts called on Norway and other countries to suspend the use of mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines produced by companies such as Pfizer, especially among elderly people, due to the vaccines' safety uncertainties following the deaths of 23 elderly Norwegian people who received the vaccine. 

The new mRNA vaccine was developed in haste and had never been used on a large scale for the prevention of infectious disease, and its safety had not been confirmed for large-scale use in humans, a Chinese immunologist said. 

23 elderly patients in Norway dead out of about 30,000 people who received the Pfizer vaccine.

If we believe China's COVID numbers and their explanation of the origin of the virus, do we believe this too?
Chinese health experts called on Norway and other countries to suspend the use of mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines produced by companies such as Pfizer, especially among elderly people, due to the vaccines' safety uncertainties following the deaths of 23 elderly Norwegian people who received the vaccine. 

The new mRNA vaccine was developed in haste and had never been used on a large scale for the prevention of infectious disease, and its safety had not been confirmed for large-scale use in humans, a Chinese immunologist said. 
23 elderly patients in Norway dead out of about 30,000 people who received the Pfizer vaccine.
If this is true, how ironic given we're trying to push all these vaccines to the elderly first to protect them, yet the vax killed them instead.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Just now, Lava Rock said:

If this is true, how ironic given we're trying to push all these vaccines to the elderly first to protect them, yet the vax killed them instead.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Seems kind of silly to be giving them this vaccine in the first place. They are vaccinated so they can spend the remaining weeks/months of their lives locked in their rooms at the care facility unable to see anyone? That's basically a form of torture. Irrationality and emotion have taken over the decision-making process with this virus.

• Weenie 1

Cumberland County here in Maine is still "code yellow," which means no school sports for at least another two weeks - not even something like swimming, where there's no close contact and you're saturated in chlorine. But I can turn on my TV and see people playing football, basketball and hockey all around the country - not to mention club sports here. My high school senior lost all of last spring, and is on track to lose his entire senior year of activities. He worked his butt off to earn a captaincy for this season and probably won't get to compete. I have yet to see any evidence of school-sports-related transmission in my area, and my general understanding is that it's been minimal everywhere. I've generally been in favor of caution, but it just feels absurd at this point.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

And still unknown if the deaths were even caused by the vaccine.     The article seems a bit propaganda-ish

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Bears watching.  But still no definitive link has been established.  I’m curious how many 85+ year olds in the US have been given it and how many have died within a few days.  

They are watching. Watching and waiting for me to get lazy and leave my kitchen trash out overnight at the top of the driveway instead of taking it up in the morning like I’m supposed to do. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1