Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

35 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's just weird all around, but starts to dabble in politics if the discussion goes any further.  It just grabbed my eye as it's Ryan Maue and we all know his work.

It is a bit political but since it’s a guy who is well know here it’s a little different. 

23 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Thoughts on Kyrie? Thank god he’s not still here...rarely can you truly say someone is a team cancer but...yikes

Very talented doofus.  Glad he is ruining another team besides the one I follow. 

Also, I found this amusing:

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Lost-Passwords-Lock-Millionaires-Out-of-Their-15864082.php?fbclid=IwAR10WkKgFKiEiIMksVHkqPFSfoE7f-DmUSSMjtKtGNMRDUYTa09Z7hlUDrI

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Very talented doofus.  Glad he is ruining another team besides the one I follow. 

Also, I found this amusing:

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Lost-Passwords-Lock-Millionaires-Out-of-Their-15864082.php?fbclid=IwAR10WkKgFKiEiIMksVHkqPFSfoE7f-DmUSSMjtKtGNMRDUYTa09Z7hlUDrI

Ya and I was all about giving him the benefit of the doubt about how things ended in Cleveland. Couldn’t have been more wrong.

i saw that headline but didn’t click. I mean what did these people do in their prior lives to deserve that torment? Seriously??

2 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

That didn't last long

Erj1bgPUUAA3XOc.png

Leveraging And magnifying Covid , MMGW, and equality is full green light (all important topics! ) just don’t question The spin everything is given these days to fast track action . Don’t ask if the solutions could be much better and are probably chosen to maximize profit instead of fix anything 

sorry this may or may not  be related to it Maue went rogue 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Leveraging And magnifying Covid , MMGW, and equality is full green light (all important topics! ) just don’t question The spin everything is given these days to fast track action . Don’t ask if the solutions could be much better and are probably chosen to maximize profit instead of fix anything 

sorry this may or may not  be related to it Maue went rogue 

In my opinion it's such a weird way to go out.

As top scientists they could have steered research towards their preferred solutions. Instead they opted to push out suspect research and slap an official seal on it without approval. 

I can do my own research here, but I can't slap it on our website under the NWS/NOAA seal without approval first.

I didn't want to tie up the January thread with more melts, since this is the Banter thread, so it goes. I have a feeling this is a repeat of 2019-2020 winter. Last season I had 11 events, that involved some snow removal/ice control. I am now at 4 events as of today, Oct. 30, 2020 we let it melt.

Going back to my last season records I had 6 events Nov-Dec (2019), January 19, 2020 was the ONLY event for that month, then February we had only 2 events and last March 24, 2020,

Gosh, maybe last season wasn't that bad !

• Like 2

On the vaccine front , it looks like J&J will have some important interm phase 3 data being reported by end of month. The USA time line is heavily dependent on when and if Oxford is Approved and JNJ’s Success. Let’s see if a non Mrna vaccine can impress w Efficacy . (They can’t do all the “ heavy lifting“ )

21 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think it would be news if there weren’t variants circulating. Scientists should continue to watch for them and adapt as/if necessary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

In my opinion it's such a weird way to go out.

As top scientists they could have steered research towards their preferred solutions. Instead they opted to push out suspect research and slap an official seal on it without approval. 

I can do my own research here, but I can't slap it on our website under the NWS/NOAA seal without approval first.

Right..lol. I mean did they think that would be ok? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I think it would be news if there weren’t variants circulating. Scientists should continue to watch for them and adapt as/if necessary. 

This^   People shouldn't freak out about this.

A friend of mine who is a med tech in a hospital lab took the Pfizer vaccine about 3 weeks ago. She did a Covid antibody titer on herself a couple days ago. Her titer was higher than the top end on the test. The test is based on total Covid antibodies and is expressed as an index. Her draw before the vaccine tested at 0. Three weeks later it was >10 and the scale is 0-10. She's 70 years old. Who knows what the duration of the response is, but it looks like these mRNA vaccines produce really high titers from some similar anecdotal evidence I've heard.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This^   People shouldn't freak out about this.

A friend of mine who is a med tech in a hospital lab took the Pfizer vaccine about 3 weeks ago. She did a Covid antibody titer on herself a couple days ago. Her titer was higher than the top end on the test. The test is based on total Covid antibodies and is expressed as an index. Her draw before the vaccine tested at 0. Three weeks later it was >10 and the scale is 0-10. She's 70 years old. Who knows what the duration of the response is, but it looks like these mRNA vaccines produce really high titers from some similar anecdotal evidence I've heard.

Effective vaccines rolling out quickly are what the world needs now...

Over 4000 US deaths yesterday linked to Covid   We are close to surpassing WW2 total US deaths

Also, MWRA poop numbers showing a big increase .  

43 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Over 4000 US deaths yesterday linked to Covid   We are close to surpassing WW2 total US deaths

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

#notmypoop

And here I was thinking MWRA was the newest professional wrestling association

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I've been refreshing your poop every couple of days. Because that shit literally ends up coming north eventually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

On the vaccine front , it looks like J&J will have some important interm phase 3 data being reported by end of month. The USA time line is heavily dependent on when and if Oxford is Approved and JNJ’s Success. Let’s see if a non Mrna vaccine can impress w Efficacy . (They can’t do all the “ heavy lifting“ )

Only issue is they're behind in production

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I think we are getting a more rapid spread.  I only knew 3 people in the past year that had it and now I’ve known 3 in the past week.  All of them mild cases thankfully, 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think we are getting a more rapid spread.  I only knew 3 people in the past year that had it and now I’ve known 3 in the past week.  All of them mild cases thankfully, 

I have 15 cousins (3 families) and second cousins that are currently positive or just recovered right now.  It’s raging for sure.