Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

XOP went from a low of 30 (29.50)in March  to a high of 73 in June . (66 now) Good gains but nothing many stocks haven’t crushed  . 

In his defense I think it’s been fairly broad. I don’t play at all in the space but I wonder what some of the individual co’s look like?  Shale was terrible to the point we started looking at systemic risks from their bankruptcies on regional banks pre COVID. Talk about misplaced concerns. I bet there are some crazy big #’s in there.

5 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

In his defense I think it’s been fairly broad. I don’t play at all in the space but I wonder what some of the individual co’s look like?  Shale was terrible to the point we started looking at systemic risks from their bankruptcies on regional banks pre COVID. Talk about misplaced concerns. I bet there are some crazy big #’s in there.

There's been quite a bit of consolidation in the space but not as many BKs as you'd think.

Rig counts are way down and companies are showing a lot more capital discipline which is good.

I don't play in the space too much... Too boom/bust for me.. I own $COP in a retirement account (but they're bigger and more stable) and have traded in/out of $MTDR for years now.

9 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

There's been quite a bit of consolidation in the space but not as many BKs as you'd think.

Rig counts are way down and companies are showing a lot more capital discipline which is good.

I don't play in the space too much... Too boom/bust for me.. I own $COP in a retirement account (but they're bigger and more stable) and have traded in/out of $MTDR for years now.

Other than personally buying a phosphate mine (someday) count me out of all commodity related businesses as a general rule. 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

FB has become way too negative and angst ridden in most people's feeds... compared to Instagram, which the feed is generally more positive/uplifting with sharing of photos/cool things.  Twitter is still twitter and seems like a strong avenue for breaking news and things happening in real time.  Users consciously or sub-consciously notice this stuff.

I think that certainly plays a role. I deleted FB for a rew reasons but mainly because it no longer provided the content I was looking for. I don’t care about your status updates, FB friends. It was ok when I first joined to reconnect with old friends but that quickly got played out. I have linkedin for my career and if you don’t have my number then we’re not close enough friends for you to know what I’m doing in my life anyway, and vis versa. I do twitter for news and tiktok has grown on me. I’ll tell my wife the news I saw on twitter and she’ll tell me she already saw it on tiktok like 12hrs ago lol. It’s sneaky informative actually and has many uses. We re-did our laundry home ourselves from a tiktok video so then the wife posts our project:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJvvjQw3/

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I think that certainly plays a role. I deleted FB for a rew reasons but mainly because it no longer provided the content I was looking for. I don’t care about your status updates, FB friends. It was ok when I first joined to reconnect with old friends but that quickly got played out. I have linkedin for my career and if you don’t have my number then we’re not close enough friends for you to know what I’m doing in my life anyway, and vis versa. I do twitter for news and tiktok has grown on me. I’ll tell my wife the news I saw on twitter and she’ll tell me she already saw it on tiktok like 12hrs ago lol. It’s sneaky informative actually and has many uses. We re-did our laundry home ourselves from a tiktok video so then the wife posts our project:

That's a nice video your wife put together. Excuse me for stalking..haha.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's a nice video your wife put together. Excuse me for stalking..haha.

Lol. I would not have linked it if I I did not want the ‘stalk’. Thanks though. Tiktok has great content though and of course some crappy stuff like 20 something girls shaking their rumps. But this project hyped her up that now she wants to do the kitchen lol. I’m like, “sure babe...let’s just build a new house from scratch, you plan and I do.” 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Working in a construction zone with no shoes on is not OSHA approved.  They must have fined you before you put the tile down.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Working in a construction zone with no shoes on is not OSHA approved.  They must have fined you before you put the tile down.

Hahaha I know. My buddy said the same thing. I had just cleaned the floor with my OCD so I didn’t want to get anything on it not knowing how it would affect the tiles. Then I quickly learned it’s not that senstive so I put my shoes on. Rookie FTL.

11 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looks good Luke, I'm going to be starting to put down wood laminate this weekend in the Bath, Kitchen and Living Room.

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice. Laminate has made a comeback. I’ve seen people put down wood laminate and it looks great. 

I redid my entire house in floating laminate. My wife did the big bedroom downstairs by herself with a girlfriend. Came out amazing. New walls, ceiling and light oak laminate floors. With our dogs laminate is easy to clean shedding as well.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Looks good Luke, I'm going to be starting to put down wood laminate this weekend in the Bath, Kitchen and Living Room.

We have laminate now that we put in 20 years ago and it  has lasted well but it is just about at the end of it's life.  I'm thinking of the Luxury Vinyl Planks when we replace it.   

Ryan Maue didn't last long under the current Presidential administration.  He might make great model graphics but man, seems like a fail to not get this ok'd.

Assigned to the White House in November and removed from his posting today for publishing climate change documents with the official seal of the Executive Office of the President of the United States.... without permission.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/01/11/controversial-climate-skeptics-release-papers/

The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy has reassigned Trump appointees David Legates and Ryan Maue, senior officials at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) who were appointed by President Trump, for their role in producing and publishing controversial papers questioning the seriousness of climate change without White House approval.

The two had been detailed to the White House since November but were removed from their postings Tuesday after the papers, which were published on nongovernment websites, came to light. The papers bear the imprint of the Executive Office of the President and state that they were copyrighted by the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP).

But they were never approved by Kelvin Droegemeier, the director of the office.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ryan Maue didn't last long under the current Presidential administration.  He might make great model graphics but man, seems like a fail to not get this ok'd.

Assigned to the White House in November and removed from his posting today for publishing climate change documents with the official seal of the Executive Office of the President of the United States.... without permission.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/01/11/controversial-climate-skeptics-release-papers/

Is it a fail tho? Clearly they had to know this work would never be published under the official seal in the new administration (or this one obviously) and hopefully any administration in the future ...so they did it anyway on a non-govt site. Mission accomplished.

5 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Is it a fail tho? Clearly they had to know this work would never be published under the official seal in the new administration (or this one obviously) and hopefully any administration in the future ...so they did it anyway on a non-govt site. Mission accomplished.

Interesting view point.  Certainly could've done it as a going away gift.  But why use the official seal in the first place?  Why not just publish it on your own without it?  I dunno, seems like a mark against your reputation for going behind the back of those above you.  That's not what employers and organizations look for in a candidate.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting view point.  Certainly could've done it as a going away gift.  But why use the official seal in the first place?  Why not just publish it on your own without it?  I dunno, seems like a mark against your reputation for going behind the back of those above you.  That's not what employers and organizations look for in a candidate.

Remember only the best and brightest.

you are right tho...what’s their endgame? Can they put this on their CV’s or something? Maybe just more disinformation... once this type of crap is out there it’s tough to put it back in the bottle as we’ve seen.

conspiracy theory: they were instructed it’d be ok or to do it without approval. I have zero evidence whatsoever. Lol

1 minute ago, Supernovice said:

you are right tho...what’s their endgame? Can they put this on their CV’s or something? Maybe just more disinformation... once this type of crap is out there it’s tough to put it back in the bottle as we’ve seen.

conspiracy theory: they were instructed it’d be ok or to do it without approval. I have zero evidence whatsoever. Lol

In order to get fired from this admin, you would have thought they published a definitive confirmation that climate change was not only real but would be more expensive than anyone has ever calculated and proof it could all be averted by closing every golf course. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

It's just weird all around, but starts to dabble in politics if the discussion goes any further.  It just grabbed my eye as it's Ryan Maue and we all know his work.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's just weird all around, but starts to dabble in politics if the discussion goes any further.  It just grabbed my eye as it's Ryan Maue and we all know his work.

Ya I may have led you there so apologies. Certainly an interesting article- I hadn’t seen it, thanks for posting it.