Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

28 minutes ago, tamarack said:

NO embarrassed TB12 twice this season - 3rd time too?

Either that or TB is due for regression (in a positive sense) against them.

But the odds are with NO. Since NFL-AFL merger in 1970, it looks like divisional foes where one team swept the other in the regular season met again in the playoffs 21 times. Of those 21 times, the team who swept the regular season went 14-7. Ironically, New Orleans is the last team to do it. They did it to the Panthers in 2017.

36 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Social media stocks took the brunt today 

TWTR down 6.5%

FB down 4%

AAPL Down 2.26

Google  down 2.26%

Amzn  down 2.2%

I still don't think that's all that much considering what's going on, they'll rebound a bit too.  Those companies are here for the long haul, too big to fail size.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I still don't think that's all that much considering what's going on, they'll rebound a bit too.  Those companies are here for the long haul, too big to fail size.

Just when you say a company is too big to fail... with the exception of the companies that actually are too big to fail of course I.e. financials.

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

FB is dying in the US. It’s been declining since 2017. Everything else there though is pretty rock solid.

FB has become way too negative and angst ridden in most people's feeds... compared to Instagram, which the feed is generally more positive/uplifting with sharing of photos/cool things.  Twitter is still twitter and seems like a strong avenue for breaking news and things happening in real time.  Users consciously or sub-consciously notice this stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Just when you say a company is too big to fail... with the exception of the companies that actually are too big to fail of course I.e. financials.

For sure... but social media is the new world. They may lose money at times but overall they are stable... unless someone comes up with a markedly better platform, those current ones are here to stay.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

For sure... but social media is the new world. They may lose money at times but overall they are stable... unless someone comes up with a markedly better platform, those current ones are here to stay.

Ya I mean maybe...I’m skeptical. You guys see ‘The Social Dilemma’? It was overly simplistic and cartoonish at times but the point the film made was stark.

When you engage in dishonest and predatory business practices karma has a way of coming around the block.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

It's funny with all the talk of the energy transition (which is definitely real) and what not, but if you had bought the XOP at its march lows, you would've hit a 8-bagger.

Even something like ARKK isn't close to that. 

Or buy SIGL at open this morning and cash 1000% in less than a day. Bonkers

• Haha 1

This tech monopoly needs to be broken up eventually. We didn't tolerate it when AT&T basically owned every single telephone line and telephone in the entire country. We also wouldn't tolerate it if a single company controlled the pulp supply, the paper mills, the ink supply, printing machine manufacturers, and the printers themselves. We would say that is way too dangerous to free speech in an open society.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This tech monopoly needs to be broken up eventually. We didn't tolerate it when AT&T basically owned every single telephone line and telephone in the entire country. We also wouldn't tolerate it if a single company controlled the pulp supply, the paper mills, the ink supply, printing machine manufacturers, and the printers themselves. We would say that is way too dangerous to free speech in an open society.

Politics aside, when you look at anti- trust issues across tech it’s really that tailrisk that should keep people and their QQQ holdings up at night. And rightfully so.

59 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

O Definitely with Google  , Amazon , Apple I mean they are in everything and aren’t some fad, thou I would say FB and to a degree twitter are replaceable or could fall out of vogue 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

How many went to sell it short This morning at 8$ (it’s up because of confusion from a Elon tweet to use Them as a different social media platform right ?) Closed today at 38$ lol

Doubt you could even borrow it to sell it short. Imagine being on the other side of that trade? lol

i think they have like 2 employees or something ridiculous.

• Haha 1