joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Back road ? For gas? What station?

Hope you enjoyed the hills 

Not sure which exit off 84 I took (Rte 74?). Sign said has but then no arrows.  So I drove around for a few minutes. Went past the high school and middle school and the town green. Got gas at the Mobil near 84. 
(Right next to the strip club  lol)

No snow in CT anywhere?   

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not sure which exit off 84 I took (Rte 74?). Sign said has but then no arrows.  So I drove around for a few minutes. Went past the high school and middle school and the town green. Got gas at the Mobil near 84. 

No snow in CT anywhere?   

Oh then you got off 69 on Willington border.. took a right and went past state police barracks.. past MS and HS entrances and then cane out on 74 or Merrow Rd. Should have gotten off 68. Those stations are right there off ramp . I’m about 5 minutes from there 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

No snow in CT anywhere?   

There is snow in CT

• Like 1

5 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Solid stools here lol

I take the powdered crap w a ton of Water, then I ate  the bars (only ingredients are almonds /cashews/dates/egg whites) then had the coffee half hour later. Didn’t shiat myself , normal routine 

Yeah, I wasn’t really concerned about you, everybody’s metabolism is different.
In a past professional incarnation,  among other classes,  I taught holistic nutrition at the acupuncture college (NESA/MCPHS) 

One of my tenets, was that whenever patients were having digestive issues, first look at diet and then food combining habits.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

No snow in CT anywhere?   

Ahh you went by my hood. Welcome!

19 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

No snow in CT anywhere?   

Should have hit up the Electric Blue.  COVID specials going on.  2 Socially distanced, zoom lap dances for the price of 1.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I read it, don’t disagree with any of it fundamentally. Really comes down to “historical returns don’t predict future results”. Mike and I have done this dance before. Does the economic paradigm of 2008 and 1999 apply to now? Some of the bears El Arian, Jeremy and many others think it does and have been preaching this since 2012. They are very smart people and have data to back them up. Anyone following them will do fine as long as they remain invested. I think things are different this time (since GFC) and yes it makes my skin crawl to even say that but here we are.

2 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I read it, don’t disagree with any of it fundamentally. Really comes down to “historical returns don’t predict future results”. Mike and I have done this dance before. Does the economic paradigm of 2008 and 1999 apply to now? Some of the bears El Arian, Jeremy and many others think it does and have been preaching this since 2012. They are very smart people and have data to back them up. Anyone following them will do fine as long as they remain invested. I think things are different this time (since GFC) and yes it makes my skin crawl to even say that but here we are.

You can add Ben Melkman to list of Skeptics (good front row MSNBC video interview on Youtube

Some factors I see as different this time period 

1. Central  banks are “all in” ( Exponentially Expanding balance sheets and monetizing large amounts of government debt )  MMT like .

2 Governments are all in on fiscal (deficit spending) , and Fed is Telegraphing rates pinned at zero with nearly zero chance of movement in ten years has folks Minimizing their (bond allocation in 60/40 Portfolio 

3. Economic growth looks weaker now and generally tepid over next 5 years compared to prospects for those prior periods You mentioned (Can help maintain FED Reserve’s political capital to keep easy money flowing to “help economy / Main Street ) for longer Till they do (too bad their tools are tailored to Wall Street and investors )

4. Also it appears to me the FAANGS are well positioned to do a lot of the heavy lifting for years to come , they are so Cash heavy , and expanding their influence into so many areas of growth that  SP market capitalization has never been so condensed into a few big players. They do have some high valuations but they should be pretty stable .Also there is a sizeable shift in disruptive technology in health care , Robotics , automation, EV and more... and the market share of these areas is forecast to grow fast . These disruptive  growth companies Will have more Leeway in terms of investors willing to wait for profitability and Revenue and will help support higher market valuations