Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

I invested huge in renewable energy stocks and solar back in 2016/2017. Most of them have seen absolutely insane growth. I bought 500 shares of Solaredge for $12 back in 2017. Its trading at $360 today. Cost me 6k in 2017 and is now worth 180k. Solaredge makes inverters for Solar panels. I also bought a ton of Enphase the second largest solar inveter manufacturer for a little over a dollar. Its trading at $216 today. 

I had solar installed back in 2016 and knew there was going to be huge growth in it. Especially with the crazy subsidies in New England. 

Nice gain!!!

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

GE is hemorrhaging cash.  Their one solid sector (GE Aviation) is getting pummeled by COVID.  That said, I can't imagine a world without GE. 

Ultimately I’d like to find something less know that’s a coupe bucks or less and see if I can guess right. Something that’s already 50+ a share isn’t exactly what I’m looking for.

Kind of what Brian just said, bought very cheap stocks 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ultimately I’d like to find something less know that’s a coupe bucks or less and see if I can guess right. Something that’s already 50+ a share isn’t exactly what I’m looking for.

Kind of what Brian just said, bought very cheap stocks 

GE is around $11/share right now.  Up from its lows around $5/share.  It was around $30+/share just a few years ago.

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

GE is around $11/share right now.  Up from its lows around $5/share.  It was around $30+/share just a few years ago.

GE has a GE renewable energy division that might do really well the next few years. They make turbine blades, batteries, hydroelectric parts, solar, etc. That stuff is going to explode the next decade.

All the New England states have legislation to reduce GHG by 80% by 2050. Massachusetts lost to California last year as having the best in the nation energy efficiency polices. They held the number 1 spot for 9 years. The other New England states are also in the top 10. We have so many incredible incentives for Solar, heat pumps, heat pump water heaters etc. I seen any investment in that renewable energy sector doing really well. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. I was thinking about that. I have some cash in my Ameritrade account but I don’t know who to put it down on. It would be a long term play. Any suggestions?

20 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Gold or silver

20 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thanks but I’m referring to the weed.

Acapulco Gold and Silver Haze are good  strains...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I like the elliptical a lot  . I like it also to “push the pace” for folks who will never be able to replicate That intensity Running or on Treadmill . I wish my small studio had one . 

I am 52 and realized I was out of shape and I needed to tighten up. (thanks beer!) So, after not practicing for more than 10 years I got back into kung fu!

Very small group (5 people) with an awesome, dynamic 30 something teacher.  I’m very sore the next day but I’m going to see it through for years to come hopefully. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I am 52 and realized I was out of shape and I needed to tighten up. (thanks beer!) So, after not practicing for more than 10 years I got back into kung fu!

Very small group (5 people) with an awesome, dynamic 30 something teacher.  I’m very sore the next day but I’m going to see it through for years to come hopefully. 

My wife had belonged to a gym that uses Mossa for programs. Weights, cardio, Pilates , fight stuff.  
When shutdown happened we subscribed to their streaming service and do it at home.  It has been awesome. Great variety. Took us a while to find some weights but I have been doing classes of different types around 5 days per week. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

I actually bought some SNDL yesterday, might just be a short term thing though...hard to say what a long term might be, because I will assume a bunch more companies are going to sprout up over the next year knowing business might start "booming"

I have a small amount set aside to use in the penny stock "game", it has actually done quite well recently. I make more doing that than I ever did in fantasy sports.

Nice. I’m starting to dabble in it but fantasy sports, dfs, and poker are still my preferred side hussle. I just need to do more research and pull the trigger on some long terms plays... money just sitting in my account doesn’t do anything. 

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

As Ginx would say, "Patience grasshopper!"

Kung Fu: how Bruce Lee lost out to David Carradine for role in martial arts  TV series | South China Morning Post

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

A soon to be kung fu master on edibles...awesome. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Storms coming, I just bought a 10hp snowblower, last time I bought one we got a 20 incher.

How much does a solid snowblower run for? How much is a higher end one go for? What are some brands that are good? 

I always look at snow blowers like they are mythical creatures. Don't see many in Southie 

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

How much does a solid snowblower run for? How much is a higher end one go for? What are some brands that are good? 

I always look at snow blowers like they are mythical creatures. Don't see many in Southie 

Arien’s- swear by it. Will prob leave mine to my kids...they are 3.5 and 1.5 for reference.

I lived in Southie for 5 yrs: west 5th and e. 

2 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Arien’s- swear by it. Will prob leave mine to my kids...they are 3.5 and 1.5 for reference.

I lived in Southie for 5 yrs: west 5th and e. 

Yeah threw a 24" Ariens on the Home Depot card with no interest for 12 months when we moved into our house and paid it off in a year for less than $70 a month. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I bought a Cub Cadet up here in Randolph. Barely used it so far, however. LOL

32 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I traded my old Toro in for a newer used one for $450. The new one has the joy stick auger control, the triggers for turning and headlight which I like because I like to snow blow when the storms done and its usually dark,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I traded my old Toro in for a newer used one for $450. The new one has the joy stick auger control, the triggers for turning and headlight which I like because I like to snow blow when the storms done and its usually dark,

I definitely want a headlight and heated hand grips on my next one. Joystick control would be nice too. I paid $250 for the used Troybuilt I have 5 or 6 years ago and it works fine but it’s pretty basic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I have an Ariens platinum. One hand turn, heated hand grips. I think I paid $1200

• Like 2