• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

First shot will be after the front on the 16th. So looking like 18-19th as psu showed above. Models are showing a pretty good Cold shot on the 16th with another pac wave behind it. Long way to go but I’d punt anything until then. Except for me I might go chase LES next week if that ULL look holds

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I bet you thought this was funny when you hit submit reply.

I was diagnosed with covid today.  It sucks, big-time.  You don't want it.  

ETA, although so far i'd take COVID + December 2009 vs no covid and no snow though.  Anything less than 18" though, forgettaboutit.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

That look could be productive if there is some cold air around. GEFS has some solid cold then, EPS is more tepid. But I’m definitely concerned that our good window is fairly short and if we miss on the ~2-3 chances in that window...

Yea that isn’t bad. Storms would “try” to cut but so long as there is antecedent cold good luck with that blocking look to our northeast. That could lead to miller b hybrids that transfer pretty far south (again with the stipulation there is cold in front). 

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

Alvin Kamara got diagnosed with Covid a week ago...he is playing  NFL Football this sunday. Id take my chances if i could get a blizzard

Good for him I guess.  I definitely wouldn't be able to play football this Sunday though.  The joint and muscle aches are out of this world and I'm a former competitive bodybuilder so I don't consider myself a slacker.  

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

@Ji 

I like you. I know you didn’t mean that in a malicious way. It was an attempt at humor gone wrong. But you should delete that. There is probably someone in here who has lost a loved one and that can cause unnecessary trauma at a place people come to escape it. 

done...although i really wasnt trying to be funny

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, IronTy said:

I was diagnosed with covid today.  It sucks, big-time.  You don't want it.  

ETA, although so far i'd take COVID + December 2009 vs no covid and no snow though.  Anything less than 18" though, forgettaboutit.  

Best wishes- the outbreak in Calvert seems pretty bad now. The county’s percent positive has skyrocketed the last two weeks and is over 11%.

8 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Best wishes- the outbreak in Calvert seems pretty bad now. The county’s percent positive has skyrocketed the last two weeks and is over 11%.

Thanks, it really is miserable.  Mostly it's just these crazy acute joint and muscle aches.   And last night I had crazy sweaty sick dreams, I dreamed I was in the movie Predator as one of the soldiers.  It was eerily accurate too.  

You would think one of those PAC SW's should give us a moderate snowfall in the LR.  Blocking, 50/50s, plenty of cold and multiple pieces of energy coming into the Pac NW.  Some get sheared....some get suppressed but multiple opportunities.  Ens picking up on this as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, high risk said:

I don't have enough fingers to count the number of dead-wrong statements in this post.

I know you feel strongly. I have lived with the facts for 20 years. It’s a take a shot at all scenarios and claim confirmation when one hits. We’ve had about 7 solid snow looks in the 5 day+, one has   semi confirmed 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic