Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@WxUSAF @CAPE

This is a 10 day mean day 6-16. If we can’t snow with this pattern in mid to late January then it’s time to let @Ji loose on one of his scorched earth burn it to the ground epic tirades. I’ll even join in. 

Damn, yeah.  Need a burnt offering to appease the Lord if that doesn't snow on us.  

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Damn, yeah.  Need a burnt offering to appease the Lord if that doesn't snow on us.  

Something has to give. We have had predominant -AO years we failed to cash in before but they are examples where I wonder how we only got 15” instead of 30 not where we get totally shut out. 

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

There's a cluster that develops later in timing similar to 12z that looked amped . 

It seems the timing has slowed across guidance considerably with the ssw . Was a Monday evening a day or 2 ago now Tuesday into Tuesday night on some guidance 

Slower would allow the flow to relax to our northeast and allow the stronger NS wave behind a chance to catch and phase. 

• Like 4

The 384 GFS op18z storm should named after you....that one has legs  

Notice how that run ends before blue gets to us and I’m not sure that wouldn’t fall apart before it got to us. 500mb seems like it would shred it a bit

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

lol @psuhoffman I was just coming to post the 384hr 18z GFS.  I know, I know, I feel dirty just typing that.  But it is literally a perfect HECS pattern.  

Just now, Ji said:

Notice how that run ends before blue gets to us and I’m not sure that wouldn’t fall apart before it got to us. 500mb seems like it would shred it a bit

Who should we believe?  Hmmmm...

• Like 2

Just now, Ji said:

Notice how that run ends before blue gets to one and I’m not sure that wouldn’t fall apart before it got to us. 500mb seems like it would shred it a bit

Nah.  As presented that would hit on all cylinders.  You are right we are burning climo...but that doesn’t mean we can’t shift to epic in a hurry.  

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

@WxUSAF @CAPE

7C1D99AA-6AC6-4F5B-8864-30F3B933251A.thumb.png.f4260cdf6171296c9dc00c5d90fe3e02.png
This is a 10 day mean day 6-16. If we can’t snow with this pattern in mid to late January then it’s time to let @Ji loose on one of his scorched earth burn it to the ground epic tirades. I’ll even join in. 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

It’s even smiling for us. 

It's not smiling at us; it's laughing at us.

• Haha 2

Looking at latest weeklies.  Looks like we lose the +PNA around 1/23 and it stays negative through February.  We keep the -NAO throughout, but February is AN temps with ridging in the east.  Don’t know how skillful this model is.  Hopefully we score in second half of January.   

6 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Looking at latest weeklies.  Looks like we lose the +PNA around 1/23 and it stays negative through February.  We keep the -NAO throughout, but February is AN temps with ridging in the east.  Don’t know how skillful this model is.  Hopefully we score in second half of January.   

Weeklies are useless Week 3 and beyond but I’d argue they’re useless every week....

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic