joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

gfs_T2m_namer_65.png

gfs_T850_namer_65.png

Mother of God!  Talk about too much of a good thing!  If I'm reading this right, I would think suppression would be the key word of the week here... cold as hell and bone dry.  Of course, we do need cold for snow but this seems to be overdoing it a tad.  I sure do hope I'm wrong or that this output is overdone, just a tad.  :-)

28 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Worried about the backside shortwave not phasing  in properly. I suppose if southern wave is strong enough it could work on its own, but I wouldn’t count on it right now with current guidance. So many shortwaves to key on it’s not gonna be easy

Even when the backside doesn't phase in properly it's still an enjoyable storm. 

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Through 114...I'm kind of in love.  Famous last words...

I am a little worried about the NS wave coming across Canada right on top of it....otherwise its BEAUTIFUL but...we need that flow to our NE to back off a LITTLE and that wave threatens to squash it south...will be close though.  

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

That confluence is a bear tho

Yeah, but also helps keep it cold. 

1 minute ago, Ji said:

you have teasted us twice already today ---into light snow/flurry events. Bring it home man!

Trying my best!

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I am a little worried about the NS wave coming across Canada right on top of it....otherwise its BEAUTIFUL but...we need that flow to our NE to back off a LITTLE and that wave threatens to squash it south...will be close though.  

So many shortwaves...lol.  But damn it's pretty. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Wouldn't mind that piece over south dakota diving in at 144

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

you should be. Since 2019, every possible thing you have worried about to screw us from snow...you have been right about

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic