joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Look at the potential. Perhaps a bit far apart but hard not to notice 

CC87E6E5-85FE-41E1-9813-B76352010B31.jpeg.a18631ae77a8d04a4eab992fa6b5f367.jpeg

All guidance is having a hard time with all the discreet NS waves. But the euro and gfs are now both keying on that more significant SW diving into the central US and amplifying. The euro developed a monster coastal in back to back runs from that only oddly using 2 different progressions. One by phasing it with the southern SW.  Last nights run the spacing was too great and so it washed the southern wave out then developed a whole new surface system behind it.  The details are going to keep changing because there are too many SWs to resolve details at this range but I think the key lies with that energy diving down into the plains. We want that to stay stronger. If that is as healthy as guidance suggests the chances something works out are better. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

All guidance is having a hard time with all the discreet NS waves. But the euro and gfs are now both keying on that more significant SW diving into the central US and amplifying. The euro developed a monster coastal in back to back runs from that only oddly using 2 different progressions. One by phasing it with the southern SW.  Last nights run the spacing was too great and so it washed the southern wave out then developed a whole new surface system behind it.  The details are going to keep changing because there are too many SWs to resolve details at this range but I think the key lies with that energy diving down into the plains. We want that to stay stronger. If that is as healthy as guidance suggests the chances something works out are better. 

Let’s get the one in Canada too. Triple phase or bust.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

Seems to be washing out the s/w though comparing 120 to 132 at h5 level

Northern stream does kick it away a bit, but it's also weaker than previously shown so it gives the storm some room to amplify and give us a light event. 

All good trends today at 12z so far.  And maybe offers a couple ways to win:

1.  Northern stream phases in

2.  Stronger southern s/w does it all alone as long as northern stream goes away enough

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Pretty sure the coast has tripled my snow fall since 2016.

Many have benefited and it makes it easier to swallow. However as it was before people were lulled into a false sense of positivity about snowfall and negative albedo feedbacks. That we could persist in this above average era for a long time (2 decades+). My initial abrupt climate change prediction (made in 2017) was 2020 give or take 2 years.

I am sure there was one or two that thought it could overcome the long-term warming trend but AGW is not a land-coupled warming. It begins in the ocean and warms the land with cloud cover feedbacks.

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic