• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 7 - 8 ULL potential

Just now, Holston_River_Rambler said:

RGEM seems to agree and like MRX's discussion....unless you are in Sullivan county, that is ;)   

Looks like it favors Dan too

Looks like the 12z.  I think 18z lost its mojo, except for the mountains and western NC.

Biggest lollipops are in Grundy County, Scott and Campbell Counties.  Outside of the mountains there's a bunch of less than 1/2" amounts scattered across Tennessee

It does show a couple of inches in Chattanooga, so there's that!

JKL put out a SPS saying 1-2 inches in their Tennessee and Virginia border counties possible. 

If I can get 2 inches I'll be very happy.  Hoping for more but skittish due to being in or near the non-Smokies bullseye so often. Heck, my area and Scott County are the only areas over an inch on the hi-res 18z GFS.  

Christmas worked, if this one does it will begin to restore faith in modeling. 

I still can't pull the trigger on a big Dog for my area as the RGEM has me a bit concerned as it has been money this season here. However, big Dog trigger pulled for Smokies.

This system may do something akin to the Feb. 15 2005 storm. Temps were marginal and there was a sharp cutoff on the nnw quadrant. Lee County ranged from a trace northern section  (Keokee) to 5 Jonesville to 8 -10" just south of there across the southern half of County bordering Tenn. to Stickleyville bordering Scott county, va.  I'm sure John can detail that one. Interesting one 4 sure.

0z NAM is pretty similar to the 18z RGEM. At this point models are almost useless to watch run to run.  Small track wobbles will happen each run and each time someone will get more or less vs the prior run. 

General confidence that it will snow is high at elevation, moderate in the eastern valley and low moderate in the mid valley towards Nashville.  

How much and exactly where will be purely nowcast. 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic