Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 8th-9th threat

BullCityWx

8 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

Burrel does your family still have property on Hwy 178 in Transylvania county?

Yea, but they avoid going there when it’s going to snow ever since they got snowed in a few December’s back. Contemplating coming up tonight but I’m gonna ride out tonight here and head that way in the morning with my kid if needed to find snow.

3 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Yea, but they avoid going there when it’s going to snow ever since they got snowed in a few December’s back. Contemplating coming up tonight but I’m gonna ride out tonight here and head that way in the morning with my kid if needed to find snow.

Hopefully you score down that way. 

26 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

I  honestly have no clue what it's going to do tonight in the upstate.  I  would lean towards mostly all rain or wet snow that can't stick... but I wouldn't be surprised if Walhalla to Pickens to Greenville got 4-6 inches. 

The column is very marginal from 825-875mb...The surface is very marginal... but if they get heavy rates for a few hours that could lead to 4 inches of concrete, and the way the radar is setting up right now looks like a death band is developing in N. GA and heading right for the upstate.

The only thing I'm sure of is the the Southern Mountains are going to get obliterated.  Clayton, GA to Highlands to Cashiers to Brevard will get 6-12 inches. 

Same here. I am the county south of Rabun. Some models giving us some snow some are just cold rAin. Guess I am on the line with this one sigh. 

side note it is 37 with a rain/snow mix falling. Started about 20 -30 min ago as I was headed home

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Sadly no where near freezing lol. Is no 36. It’s probably 60/40 snow/rain. Nickel size flakes 

Dang, jealous right now. Still not a thing reaching the ground up here and 39.7, temp even went up a bit on that last update. Heavier rates just keep dying before they can get here making evap. cooling very inefficient.

35 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

Back when NoDa was affordable!

Yep! I lived in a shotgun appt that was $350 a month. Of course the walls were like paper. And the water in the tub rarely warmed up, and was always tea colored!! Lol

But it was the place to be, I could walk 2 blocks to everything! 

Blows me away to see homes selling for 800k+ now!!

Yep! I lived in a shotgun appt that was $350 a month. Of course the walls were like paper. And the water in the tub rarely warmed up, and was always tea colored!! Lol
  But it was the place to be, I could walk 2 blocks to everything! 
  Blows me away to see homes selling for 800k+ now!!

Have a buddy that lives there. Pays $450 a month more than I and I’m 20 mins from the ocean lol

30 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Dang, jealous right now. Still not a thing reaching the ground up here and 39.7, temp even went up a bit on that last update. Heavier rates just keep dying before they can get here making evap. cooling very inefficient.

Don’t worry you will more than make up for it later lol. You are in a great spot in Rabun. There’s a slush on the deck now but it looks like it’s still a mix 

Forecast:

Asheville: 5”

Asheboro: dusting to 1”

Boone-6”

Concord: 1/2 inch 

Chapel Hill: 2”

Charlotte-trace to 1” north 

Durham: 1-2”

Greensboro-2-3”

Henderson:  2”

Hickory:  3”

Lenoir:  4”

Mount Airy: 6”

Monroe: trace 

Salisbury: 1”

Statesville: 1-2”

Winston-Salem-3-5”

Raleigh-Trace to 2” north 

Wilkesboro: 5”

Wilson: trace to dusting

Danville: 4”

Richmond: trace 

Roanoke:  1”

South Hill: 3”

Greenville, SC: dusting

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Have a buddy that lives there. Pays $450 a month more than I and I’m 20 mins from the ocean lol

But he can walk to the BLE and be UPTOWN in 10mins! Panthers,Hornets, and the other direction takes him to UNCC. THE 49ers football team has actually caught on well in the area! 

But the ocean is nice too!

• jburns unpinned this topic