Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 8th-9th threat

BullCityWx

29 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

There's a nice cutoff 850 low over eastern nc friday night. Should provide a nice band of snow over central nc. Exciting trends on the nam tonight for the triangle.

Can I ask a dumb question? What the best way to see this 850 on the models? Pick any model as I am trying to learn

I have to say I’m beyond happy to have a legit thread in the region I now call home. With that being said I’m not overly optimistic on any real accumulations once you get to Charlotte. It just appears the cold air is not entrenched enough with this and lags behind before this becomes almost convective snow. I noticed that GSP has even hinted at possible thunder snow which makes sense with the forcing aloft.

Looks like a solid shot for Gatlinburg, Asheville & over to Winston-Salem. Would be a good weekend to ski in Eastern NC.

3 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Has anyone seen the WSI RPM Model? Not sure how accurate it is but it's way north...

I have it through WSI. It may look north of other guidance..... But its been trending south the last several runs. At 15z it had accumulating snow into Winchester and near Baltimore  if that helps..

• jburns unpinned this topic