Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 8th-9th threat

BullCityWx

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see the latest RDPS. Gives me less than an inch after multiple runs with 4 to 6

snku_acc.us_ma (1) (22).png

I am chasing to Boone and I'm getting concerned with the runs on the 00z with the lack of moisture on the front end for our area. 

Just now, wncsnow said:

Someone's gonna be shafted near us with downsloping away from the main bands. Probably me.

Someone is definitely going to get shafted. I was thinking that the east facing slopes would have less moisture in this setup but it seems like areas further west have lower totals taking the 00z models verbatim. 

2 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

The variance in modeling is amazing this close to the event.  Virtually every location has models showing jack pots and whiffs.  The only real lock seems like the Southern mountains and eastern escarpment, but the RGEM looks pretty rough for those areas.

The disagreement with the ensembles with some of these is stunning.

12 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

The variance in modeling is amazing this close to the event.  Virtually every location has models showing jack pots and whiffs.  The only real lock seems like the Southern mountains and eastern escarpment, but the RGEM looks pretty rough for those areas.

I agree. Brad P just posted that the snow trend was slightly south. He include Charlotte in the 1 inch range. Dang this is tough. 

• jburns unpinned this topic