• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 8th-9th threat

BullCityWx

Well I'm hopeful for this one here in the NE GA mountains while atmittedly concerned about the borderline temps. I'm just happy that what comes after this over the coming weeks should only get better, and we're not staring at this marginal event as our only foreseeable hope.

Just now, Ollie_Williams said:

Even know that these snow maps look nice, don’t be surprised if there’s a lot more sleet than modeled due to the low level warm nose. Obviously if ULL shifted south, it would as well. I’m optimistic, but not married to our chances.

That's the thing about it. 

Most of the soundings indicate atm very little sleet probabilities.  Its either rain or snow.

Either the surface supports a snow sounding and upper levels too dry or upper levels support cold enough to but boundary layers too warm.

Not much  in between 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FLweather said:

That's the thing about it. 

Most of the soundings indicate atm very little sleet probabilities.  Its either rain or snow.

Either the surface supports a snow sounding and upper levels too dry or upper levels support cold enough to but boundary layers too warm.

Not much  in between 

Reminds me of the late 80s storms. very thin transition line .

It's a beautiful setup there with the ULL.  0z NAM is slower with wrapping up the ULL show the sfc low track is going to stay well south.  Should be a classic miller A track there.   I'm trying to find a good analog storm here.. perhaps March '09 with with a 50/50 low in place!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wow said:

It's a beautiful setup there with the ULL.  0z NAM is slower with wrapping up the ULL show the sfc low track is going to stay well south.  Should be a classic miller A track there.   I'm trying to find a good analog storm here.. perhaps March '09 with with a 50/50 low in place!

I will take a hard pass on that analog.  See that downsloping area with no snow cover? That's MBY. Agonizing storm after multiple awful winters here. 

rah.modis.20090303.merged.med.large.png

• jburns unpinned this topic