• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs and nowcast Sun 9A Jan 3 - 6A Mon Jan 4 2021

wdrag

Where its yellow on the radar n of I80 nw Nj and se NYS..think thats S+ big flake snow. We just had 0.6" in 20 minutes..big flake. still pretty good snowfall rate now. for the day 1.3  with 1.1 on the ground now and it should snow most of the time here in this part of nw NJ through 1-4A.  That should be my last report for a while. Regards all-thanks for your reports. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NEG NAO said:

IMO the main problem with this system looking at radars is that it is just one disorganized mess right now yes there is precip in central PA but it is broken up and moving mainly northeast - as some have mentioned some of the models have not performed well with this system - how many times in the past have we been fooled by the models when a system is in progress ? Nowcasting time IMO just using radars - they will give us plenty of advanced notice of any trends developing........

remained a disorganized mess and was basically a minor event here in central NJ............on to next weekends potential

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

And you dont get to post either, seeing as how you are further away from nyc than i am. :)

It is rather surprising that some folks who follow the weather are so poor at geography but I digress, still sitting at 32 with light snow now. I was expecting 1-3”, Upton had 2-4” IMBY, so it’s pretty much as expected, perhaps a bit better than what I thought. No one was expecting a major storm out of this. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

It is rather surprising that some folks who follow the weather are so poor at geography but I digress, still sitting at 32 with light snow now. I was expecting 1-3”, Upton had 2-4” IMBY, so it’s pretty much as expected, perhaps a bit better than what I thought. No one was expecting a major storm out of this. 

Yeah I expected 2-3" here and that's what I'll end up with so not bad, just disappointing because it's so warm.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yes climo nw of I287 is drastically different but it’s not that far from nyc 

• Like 1

It has been snowing lightly for a while, radar looks like there may be one more burst here before it moves out. Nickel and dime... I'll take it.

So since it hasn't stopped snowing yet but it's compacted down to 1.5" already I can't claim 2" even though it was that much a little while ago? Sorry I'm going for max numbers ;)  I hate warm snow storms but it's better than cold rain.

• Like 2