Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Here’s Albanys PNS from yesterday, as Julian mentioned a number did double digit totals in the higher elevations on Friday. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ALY&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

Even the elevated northeastern towns in Dutchess got 4-6". I wouldn't be surprised if there was close to a foot on top of Brace. 

0.6" new this morning as mood flakes continue. Ideal wx for cutting my tree! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Looks like .4 will be the total for this nothingburger. 

Good morning Irish. I tried to capture an image of the first flakes to grace the postage stamp, my very limited ability with any recording device is evident. The flakes were there. The members of the fall pumpkin family I placed on the chairs now are down to two. The local neighbor ground/air wildlife has made good use of them with no waste. The oak with its never ending leaf drop continues to soften the edges while the maple in the corner holds onto its last bit of green. I look at the never lit fire pit and the seemingly always empty seats and wonder. Sometimes looking at the fire escape I start quietly singing some fitting songs from ‘West Side Story’ I have to stop as soon as the parlor floor pugs join in. I stand amidst the leaf drop and the debris of the warm season. Sadly I look up at the cold overcast gloom and wait until a flake touches me, melts … than I find peace. As always …

ACCC857E-C621-460B-BAFA-69218E1E17A4.jpeg

D9A5FDE6-1748-43CA-8843-D059BD6F955F.jpeg

AF10E47F-E4EA-4150-80B0-0C014CAE9700.jpeg

• Like 5

Special Weather Statement National Weather Service New York NY 746 PM EST Thu Dec 2 2021 CTZ005-NJZ002-NYZ067>070-030145- Northern Fairfield CT-Western Passaic NJ-Putnam NY-Rockland NY- Northern Westchester NY-Orange NY- 746 PM EST Thu Dec 2 2021 ...Strong thunderstorms will impact portions of north central Fairfield, western Passaic, northern Westchester, Orange, Putnam and Rockland Counties through 845 PM EST... At 745 PM EST, Doppler radar was tracking strong thunderstorms along a line extending from Greentown to near Philmont. Movement was east at 50 mph. HAZARD...Winds in excess of 40 mph and pea size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. Minor damage to outdoor objects is possible. Locations impacted include... Newburgh, Middletown, West Milford, Peekskill, Ringwood, Mahopac, Monroe, Lake Carmel, Walden, West Point, Warwick, Goshen, Sherman, Sloatsburg and Cold Spring.

36 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Hard to tell how bad the damage really is here. It looks like a big mess at first but upon closer inspection seems to be just various angles of the same one tree.

https://hudsonvalleypost.com/wild-weather-closes-roads-in-hudson-valley-delays-to-train/

Good morning, Julian. The photo below was taken pre-wind event Thur morning on Clinton street seemingly just sparing 751EC625-0386-45AA-B0C0-42F642A9529A.thumb.jpeg.5c87de44ae2e71808e8dcdc0b915854d.jpegthe vehicle. I believe the culprit that weakened this seemingly healthy maple was previous street excavation. I’ve noticed a number of trees having the same fate, for the same reason, over the years. As always ….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I had a four foot or so long branch nail the Davis last night, found it resting on the rain gauge this morning when I was checking the Stratus, thankfully it looks like the only damage is a bent bird spike.  .23" in both gauges.

You add them together to get your final total, right? 

• Haha 2