Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

42 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Been kinda busy and not paying attention. Was it supposed to get this cold? I coulda sworn we were expecting clouds and mid 30s overnight. Hope the beer n wine is ok on my deck lol

Do you ever pay attention?  Asking for @Juliancolton.  It’s just not the holiday season if you don’t crack a frozen beer that foams all over…I’ve learned over the years to crack open the beer outside first under certain weather conditions.  It seems to happen every year during the Army Navy game. Anyway, I think you’re fine today, it always tastes better when chilled by Mother Nature. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

Been kinda busy and not paying attention. Was it supposed to get this cold? I coulda sworn we were expecting clouds and mid 30s overnight. Hope the beer n wine is ok on my deck lol

18 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Do you ever pay attention?  Asking for @Juliancolton.  It’s just not the holiday season if you don’t crack a frozen beer that foams all over…I’ve learned over the years to crack open the beer outside first under certain weather conditions.  It seems to happen every year during the Army Navy game. Anyway, I think you’re fine today, it always tastes better when chilled by Mother Nature. 

Good morning. At least I know why the black bears are so friendly in your neck of the woods. Have a happy/blessed Thanksgiving. As always ….

• Haha 1

Mood snows, slight hazards and that's all there is for the winter? Looks sort of pathetic right now, but enjoy whatever we get by sunrise Monday, cause it's difficult at this time to see a snowy start for December.

Todays rain will change to accumulative snow in the Poconos around 9-10AM and taper to gusty flurries midday..an inch or two highest elevations. Road accumulations may be spotty due to still generally above freezing temps. We in far northwest NJ might even see the rain end as non-accumulative wet snow midday. The hills of northwest CT change over between Noon-3PM with there too an inch or two the most likely outcome higher terrain. The hills of northeast CT change to snow between 3P-5P and may accumulate 1-2" before it tapers off to flurries tonight. The Boston area should see some snow with the west and northern suburbs picking up maybe an inch in a few spots.

Sunday: I84 corridor-- A period of snow in the morning, mainly west of the Connecticut River with a Trace to 1", the 1" best chance in the Poconos. Presuming it snows, it sticks on everything not treated in the Poconos. Another period of snow is possible Sunday night with additional minor coatings here and there.

Graphics on the storm thread.

IF this that occurs the next 72 hours is nothing-burger,  wonder what the rest of the of winter provides... storms for sure, but sure looks like inside runners for the next couple of weeks, unless we thread the needle. This block is what we needed right now... maybe we'll luck out this winter, even with all the discussion of negative PDO,ENSO/SST signals. Should I get depressed about a projected lower than normal snow winter or just accept and ride it out?   My snowblower is tuned up for the first time in 5 years. Is that a surefire winter killer?  Think I'll put my snow stakes in today. Have a good weekend and let's see what transpires. 835A/26
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, BxEngine said:

D99BDC84-0271-4A9F-B47F-41A1F52CF0BA.jpeg

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Looks interesting 

11 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

8.6%. Little kick to it lol

36 minutes ago, wdrag said:
Mood snows, slight hazards and that's all there is for the winter? Looks sort of pathetic right now, but enjoy whatever we get by sunrise Monday, cause it's difficult at this time to see a snowy start for December.

Todays rain will change to accumulative snow in the Poconos around 9-10AM and taper to gusty flurries midday..an inch or two highest elevations. Road accumulations may be spotty due to still generally above freezing temps. We in far northwest NJ might even see the rain end as non-accumulative wet snow midday. The hills of northwest CT change over between Noon-3PM with there too an inch or two the most likely outcome higher terrain. The hills of northeast CT change to snow between 3P-5P and may accumulate 1-2" before it tapers off to flurries tonight. The Boston area should see some snow with the west and northern suburbs picking up maybe an inch in a few spots.

Sunday: I84 corridor-- A period of snow in the morning, mainly west of the Connecticut River with a Trace to 1", the 1" best chance in the Poconos. Presuming it snows, it sticks on everything not treated in the Poconos. Another period of snow is possible Sunday night with additional minor coatings here and there.

Graphics on the storm thread.

IF this that occurs the next 72 hours is nothing-burger,  wonder what the rest of the of winter provides... storms for sure, but sure looks like inside runners for the next couple of weeks, unless we thread the needle. This block is what we needed right now... maybe we'll luck out this winter, even with all the discussion of negative PDO,ENSO/SST signals. Should I get depressed about a projected lower than normal snow winter or just accept and ride it out?   My snowblower is tuned up for the first time in 5 years. Is that a surefire winter killer?  Think I'll put my snow stakes in today. Have a good weekend and let's see what transpires. 835A/26

Good morning Walt. My suggestion is we get all the like thinking members together, take the substance of BxE’s post and perform a snow dance on S19’s lawn. If it doesn’t work we keep trying, by the 5th or 6 th attempt it won’t matter to many of us and the new bail guidelines are in our favor. After we’re all released we can try again on Julian’s lawn. As always. 

30 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Walt. My suggestion is we get all the like thinking members together, take the substance of BxE’s post and perform a snow dance on S19’s lawn. If it doesn’t work we keep trying, by the 5th or 6 th attempt it won’t matter to many of us and the new bail guidelines are in our favor. After we’re all released we can try again on Julian’s lawn. As always. 

And take in Julian’s holiday light display!

I’m going to experiment with snow boards again this season. I’ll going to try using a large white plastic cutting board along with the traditional wooden snow board. As long as the plastic doesn’t hold more heat than the wood it’ll be easier in the long run as I’m tired of the wood as it can warp a bit and the white paint definitely peels off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

It’s a nothing burger my man lol enjoy the flurries on Sunday lol

I’m so dejected and to think that I shared this map on social media, it was the talk of the Thanksgiving table!  I’ve been in seclusion all day, trying to muster up the strength to look at the 18z runs.  

Yean, I can’t back any of that up. 

053BE240-4F7E-4AD6-AA6A-F2D642B0A977.jpeg